Guest Welcome guest!

UNBOUND

Here on Unbound, our plot follows four different timelines, set throughout the canonical history of the Dragon Age. The events following Trespasser, the time of the Inquisition, the rise of the Champion of Kirkwall and the quest of the Warden against the Fifth Blight.

And So is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

-Threnodies 8.13

New Poll

walk through the fire, plotting
as played by Alicia

13" posts

group

Rogue
FORTY     APOTHECARY     NORTHERN + CENTRAL THEDAS
LARA
Open to plots both short-term and long-term, one-off encounters, and anything else under the sun across the timelines. If you’re interested, please feel free to post here or poke me via PM or Discord.

- - - - - - -

A surfacer from a long line of surfacers, Lara hails from Nevarra but has spent the latter half of her lifetime rarely staying in one place for too long in pursuit of the almighty coin. She’s a versatile apothecary that frequents the larger cities of Northern Thedas and the Free Marches, possessing knowledge of medicinal aids, tonics, herbs, poisons of varying severity, and basic grenades. Her travels have taken her to the south of the continent before, though she’s been lucky enough to avoid getting caught up in troubles like the Blight and the Breach.

Once an idealistic and curious visionary, she now prioritizes survival—usually in the form of escaping notice—and profit over new attachments. Connections, both new and old, are important for any established merchant, but she’s wary when it comes to trusting others after being burned one too many times. Quid pro quo would be her motto if she knew any Tevene, and she’s less slow to warm up to those willing to do her favors, regardless of her suspicions.

Lara is not socially adept, and she's a woman of few words in part because she rarely knows what to say. She isn’t very warm, but she isn’t above acts of kindness if it doesn’t cost her too much. She is consistently self-interested with some sympathy for those who wander and persevere despite the cards stacked against them. While Lara has no desire for messy bloodshed or complicated diplomacy outside of protecting herself and her business, she may opt for either depending on the circumstances. The woman lacks subtlety and charm and wit, almost as much as she lacks mastery with a blade, but she’s blessed with a green thumb and a fondness for nature. The daughter of a craftsmen, she’s good with her hands and self-sufficient.

Lara doesn’t go out of her way to make friends or enemies as it risks drawing too much attention to herself, but there’s the potential for both. Mutual favors or traveling companions ensure something akin to a friendly connection with room for growth, and personality clashes or threats are causes for bad blood. She’s particularly fond of ladyfolk and those who choose to present femininely.
Jul 25 2017, 10:20 AM
as played by

0" posts

group

[KICKS IN DOOR] I NEED THIS BEAUTIFUL CREATURE IN MY LIFE RN.

But seriously, I would love it if Lara would mosey on down to Ferelden for a spell and help my mage, Tallulah, with some research she's conducting for a treatment for lyrium withdrawl. Consult, even? Tallulah leans towards herbalism and potion making now that she's outside of the Circle but she's always looking for extra perspective.

She may also be part of the secret initiative to stop Fen'harel and I'm certain there are ways she could put Lara's talents for grenades and such to use as well. She'll be happy to pay extra.

I have other ideas that I can throw at you if that didn't tickle your fancy as well!

LARA
Jul 25 2017, 01:56 PM
as played by Alicia

13" posts

group

Rogue
Oh my, that's quite an entrance! You bring such good ideas, too. Location is super flexible as I'm still figuring things out, so Ferelden can definitely work. I looove anything that involves digging into lore and coming up with new lore, so having Lara be involved in any research-related contributions regarding potions would be great to explore—for any amount of time that would make sense, although she'd be wary of commitment unless captivated by all of the Ideas™ and money. Shiny things like money can be very persuasive.

Even though Lara does have a lot of hands-on experience and is very familiar with the flora of Thedas, she's not a scholar. That would limit her involvement in some ways, such as any traditional science or theory, but could possibly open other doors. Experimentation is up her alley, though, and she can certainly provide resources and her nonacademic, practical expertise could be helpful (or it could even be ruled out through their interactions).

Those details can come later, if you'd like to iron out how they could potentially come into contact first. But I'm always happy to talk about what can come after, too.
Jul 25 2017, 04:58 PM
as played by cherith

130" posts

group

Rogue
I can solve this problem!! Honor is leading the charge from the shadows, Tallulah and Cullen taking in all the strays she sends their way to bolster their efforts against the egghead who stole her arm. She is making a specific effort to recruit dwarves when she finds those that have talents with things that might be useful to their efforts. She figures with as pompous as her enemy is, he's not going to notice if a few dwarves start sneaking around, digging into lore. She's also looking for people he won't know, who never were a part of the Inquisition, because new faces mean less chance they'll be noticed. And she hopes that she can trust dwarves aren't going to be swayed by such elfy nonsense.

If this is the case, Honor could run into Lara wherever she might be, purchase some of her wares and try to recruit her to their efforts. OR at the very least, direct her down to Tallulah and Cullen where efforts are being made to research ways to take down their new enemy.

Jul 26 2017, 06:49 AM
as played by Alicia

13" posts

group

Rogue
So many dwarves. So. Many. This particular one doesn't know anything about any of that elfy stuff, and since none of them are flashing any gold her way... What can I say? She's pretty predictable.

That could definitely work! I don't know where Honor is likely to be and when, but again time and location are both flexible and if she ends up somewhere around Nevarra/Free Marches/Antiva/anywhere else in the northern part of the mainland tbh—either in a city or town or even on the road—Lara's easily there. Them meeting would be simple to set up. An exchange pushing her towards Ferelden wouldn't be taken 100% seriously, unless there's the promise of future gain and if Honor is convincing,* and I imagine it'd be something for her to think over for a time. And it takes time to get to Ferelden anyway, so if she decides it's worthwhile even after being all "nah" it could be a while before she turns up unexpectedly on Tallulah's doorstep,

If you want to thread this, I'm totally up for it whenever, but we can also chat more about it.

* "convincing" could be anything from "stop the doom because being dead isn't helpful for anyone" to a flattering "wow your skills are undervalued" or "here's a way to get more $$$" without telling her specifics about what she'd be contributing towards. Whatever would work for Honor.

Jul 27 2017, 06:30 AM
as played by

0" posts

group

cullen (&samson) & larai come bearing the gift of a cullen who would... sigh happily open his door to a dwarf who is looking for a payday. and if she came with a note from honor, i'm not saying he's LOADED but he has some coin to throw around if that'll help. and, really, if lara is able to offer the templars at soldier's rest any sort of relief, he'll make sure she's satisfied with the weight of her pockets.now... this is slightly less helpful for the inquisition and more for the other templars out there. i kind of also come equipped with a samson. who... well, he's not dead yet? and it's not so much that he's been put in cullen's care as much as cullen wants to see if anyone besides dagna would have some insight or be willing to poke around at mr. red lyrium sitting in a dungeon tallulah may or may not know about, somewhere near soldier's rest. ://he doesn't want to cure the guy, he just wants to see if anything can be learned from him before he croaks. there are too many innocent people suffering while he's just down there being a lazy prick making rude comments.yanno... if lara would be interested in doing something on the side with that. :c he has very few other options and he sort of... doesn't want everyone to know he's involved with that. an outsider with a loyalty to coin, able to tinker and whathaveyou would... be very useful. did i mention there's coin. there's coin. there is. ;;LARA
Jul 30 2017, 07:46 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll