Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

a dragon age roleplay
WELCOME TO UNBOUND

Four years strong, we are a literate to advanced Dragon Age roleplay that focuses on the events post-Trespasser, while also following the timelines of the Warden, Champion and Inquisitor.

Please register your account in ALL CAPS (Ex: HONOR TREVELYAN)

Played by Holly
staff
♕   andraste
♕   cherith
♕   cat
♕   dinah
♕   crim

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

born to lose, no apostates here, nope
played by CRIM
PST    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GMage
A33
Aapostates
P130 posts

permalinkQuote
26     infj     former first [keeper + rift mage]     team apocalypse
maeve lavellan
Clan Lavellan's former First is a voracious reader whenever the opportunity presents, and seems far more serious than her twin brother. Despite her more serious apparent attitude, she's still plenty of trouble with a quieter, more sarcastic edge. She could never be quite as carefree as he is. She's a natural crusader. Before, she was caught up in being the future Keeper for Clan Lavellan.

Responsibility means that she can't fully dedicate herself to studying the old lore and playing tricks on her older sister like she'd prefer. She has to think about the future and the rather unfriendly people in it. She misses her family, sometimes, but tries not to dwell on it. What does her own future matter compared to saving her people?

When Clan Lavellan took over Wycome from the attacking mercenary band in 9:42, Meave left them behind to join an enigmatic figure that had appeared only in her dreams.

* She will shed her vallaslin with his help and has rededicated her natural crusader spirit into fighting for what she sees as the last, best hope for the elvhen.

37     istj     senior warden     anderfels
beatrix
Also this.

Meet Beatrix. Or don't, if you're not a Warden, as she's not entirely sure what the point of you is in that case. She was raised in a very small village that was constantly struggling for survival. That constant fight was her entire world, and would have been forever if the Wardens hadn't come recruiting. They're the reason the dirt-poor peasants of the region are feared by the rest of the world, and the reason for all of that ham.

She's a Senior Warden that trains new recruits and undertakes special assignments. She's been a Warden for eight years, which means she may have met any number of people in the ranks in that time, even if they're elsewhere now. They might have trained together, or she might have trained them more recently, whichever works. She was the bleak, scarily focused recruit that didn't talk much if they were in training at the same time.

She's currently based in Weisshaupt in the Anderfels, and no longer ventures far beyond it. In the civil war stirred by the events of Inquisition, she has been a leading force in the hardline faction that wants to pursue Warden goals at any cost.

33     enfp     spirit healer     southern thedas
niamh surana
Say hello to Niamh, former inhabitant of the Ferelden Circle of Magi and current apostate the term is probably technical pacifist. As a Spirit Healer, she has a special connection to a spirit of Hope that appeared to her during her Harrowing. Short history: She was one of the mages called up for the battle of Denerim, as a mage survivor in the tower that had passed her Harrowing. She took her chance to run after the battle, figuring she might be counted among the dead and fearing an escalation of tension with the Templars after the slight issues with demons running about the place. (Her extra class specialty is politely understating the magnitude of problems.)

She ran from the Circle for several years, hiding out in the Free Marches until the light in the sky sent the world into a bit of an uproar. See? Extra class specialty right there. It's getting tougher and tougher to be connected to a spirit of Hope these days. She's had her fill of war and all things Chantry; all she really wants to do is be a healer. She is technically unaffiliated, as much as she is a technical pacifist. (She did help the Inquisition but it was more that she felt sorry for Honor than supporting their Chantry ideals.)

23     ????     nevarran court mage     bellwether
iona anaxas
She's the court mage of Cumberland, a city in Nevarra so large you could fit Denerim inside it five times over. She's related to the ruling family, but she is both a mage and visually distinct enough that her status as a bastard child is not in question. Not that she has a bit of a chip on her shoulder about this or anything.

Now, Iona doesn't typically fight with magic or other forms of violence. She instead seeks to appear as a friend; she's uncommonly perceptive, that's both the product of abuse at the hands of her older half-brother and the reason she's been able to remain in favor with her uncle despite the wars. She has to keep every bit of information about the nobility in her head, remember distant relatives and ask after them. But more than that, she seeks to discover what people expect, what people want to see, and become that for a little while.

Does she have a real, genuine personality underneath? Impossible to say.

Beyond Nevarra, she's a member of the Bellwether network. She's the Wheel of Fortune, always seeking to adjust her surroundings and ready to dole out what she considers someone's just reward for their actions. She's ready to receive nobility looking to wheel and deal with Cumberland - it's the largest territory in Nevarra and the aging King Markus has named no heir. This is the time to take advantage of the situation before things deteriorate, or else visit her about her second (secret) occupation.

22     warden-ensign     nevarra     infj-t
open
nothing here right now
played by birthe
gmt +1    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GInactive
A29
Aelves
P38 posts

permalinkQuote
Hi hello hi Crim! I haven't had a chance to plot with you yet, but I suddenly have the best possible reason to, ie. Iloren, another member of the "camped out outside of Wycome where no one can reach us but there are crazy shems running around" squad! And I love Maeve, so I'm stoked to have someone to throw at her finally 8D

So right, Iloren. Came/was brought to the Lavellan clan by some passers by after his own clan was wiped out by slavers, when Iloren was just a wee one. They took him in, and he's been there ever since (he was like...six...seven...ish), pretty much being a reckless, but unassuming hunter-hopeful-and-then-hunter who means well, but has a huge blind spot where his ability to measure consequence should be. He's currently suffering nightmares about his dead clan (feeling like he's come of age and should avenge them now), while being suspicious of shems and their apparent need to blow shit up and just be huge weirdos.

With Maeve being the Keeper's first and being all studious and responsible and dutiful, her and Iloren might have some interesting contrasts? He's usually very happy, sort of innocently sweet despite his inquisitive and reckless nature, and would probably be all ":D :D :D adventure yes? Maeve yes? Adventure Maeve? :D :D :D" at her a lot.

So like...shemlen-skeptical Lavellans making evils at strangers?? Going on herb gathering missions where Iloren spends more time climbing trees just to go "Maeve look I'm in a tree" in a misguided attempt to impress her than actually gathering herbs??? Aye, nay??
played by CRIM
pst    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GMage
A26
A#ENDIT
P70 posts

permalinkQuote
ILOREN & MAEVE
    A member of the clan! <3

Yes, yes she sees you. Yes, adventuring and all of that but she is trying to practice and you don't want her accidentally making anyone into frogs, do you? First, he definitely needs a hug while sorting all of that out. Second, she is a bit lowkey mischievous sometimes because her brother is a troublemaker, but she is definitely trying to read while he's climbing trees. Being saddled with all of those expectations of becoming the Keeper someday can make anyone a bit determined about it.

Some of these plans should include an adventure to discover more about Wycome and all of its poisoned water. Someone does need to help sort out those crazy humans before they attack everyone, y'know? They're unfriendly. And someone who wouldn't think the consequences through might not be concerned about the other Marcher cities retaliating, might encourage all of them to take action about it.

Starting out with a simpler forest expedition (perhaps with some hiding from mercenaries while gathering supplies?) sounds like a fine idea.
played by birthe
           
GInactive
A29
Aelves
P38 posts

permalinkQuote
Just wait until he falls out of the tree, and she's going to have to heal him and stuff. -sigh- Every damned time, Iloren, I stg... (He'll need a hug then too.) Man, he's probably spent years trying to coax out her mischievous side while she was trying to study, because "Come ooooon, Maeve, it'll be fun, and no one'll ever suspect you, because you're. You know. The Keeper's pet YOUR BROTHER'S WORDS NOT MINE." >.>

Iloren is 100% convinced that all shems like blowing things up, though, and now they've got unstable shems running around, something's DEFINITELY going to get blown up, so he'd be all "...we need to do something about these shems before they blow us up, people." Plus they've already wiped out one of his clans, he's not prepared to let that happen again :||||

They can do a simple forest expedition that ends up taking a turn into "spying on shady shems and trying to figure out what they're up to" territory >.>

Would you like to start something, or should I?
played by CRIM
           
GMage
A26
A#ENDIT
P70 posts

permalinkQuote
Could you possibly start? My owed list is piling up a tiny bit and I don't want to hold up the adventuring ^^
played by birthe
           
GInactive
A29
Aelves
P38 posts

permalinkQuote
No problemo! :D Do you have a date that works well for you? Iloren is all shiny and new, so his time is all open and availableeee
played by CRIM
           
GMage
A26
A#ENDIT
P70 posts

permalinkQuote
Well In Your Heart takes place in Harvestmaere, and they don't start moving into Wycome until after that. So we should probably sketch a skeleton timeline for when the clan moves in there. Maybe this thread could take place in Harvestmere or Firstfall, after the Breach is closed but before before they infiltrate the city. That should start be during the winter, perhaps at the start of 9:42?

[ Unrelated but after the clan takes Wycome Maeve wants to go see the lost Temple of Dirthamen because she's not cut out to live in shem cities. Spoilers! ]
played by birthe
           
GInactive
A29
Aelves
P38 posts

permalinkQuote
yessss that sounds good. I'll set it up in late Harvestmere so we have some time to play around with it, if need be -nods- and then they TAKE WYCOME YESSSSSS. >.>

[ omg yes Maeve, good idea :|| Iloren will want to go on a QUEST FOR VENGEANCE and also for LEARNING HOW TO AVENGE PEOPLE, they can maybe set off together, we'll see, we'll see! ]
played by birthe
           
GInactive
A29
Aelves
P38 posts

permalinkQuote
Finally, a thread!!! Let me know if it's okay <3
played by ash
GMT    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GInactive
A38
ATHE ISIDORE
P26 posts

permalinkQuote
Okay, so, this is kind of random and I don't know if it would work, but I have Aurelio here who is an apostate spirit healer who had to leave his home and keep moving around to avoid Templars. I included in his history the idea that learnt how to control his abilities on the move from various other mages, so I don't know if you would be willing/interested in him having been taught, however briefly by Niamh. Or maybe the two of them just ran into each other while trying to avoid Templars at some point? I don't know if this works at all, but it could be interesting to write?
played by CRIM
           
GMage
A33
Aapostates
P130 posts

permalinkQuote
NIAMH & AURELLIO

I take forever to keep up with my plotter but I really like the idea of her teaching him some magic. Especially putting Niamh in a position to be teaching someone, since she's usually the one bugging everyone with questions about their stories. Prior to her return to Ferelden after the Breach, she was moving through the Free Marches. Anywhere in there would be a reasonable place to find her between when she was at the Battle of Denerim and now, where she's sort of at Skyhold. (She has a talent for witnessing history without being at the center of it.) Obviously she wouldn't have gone into Tevinter proper - not the best place to be an elf, mage or not. Beyond that restriction, the location and year of any meeting is flexible.
played by SQUEE
MST (-7)    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GWarrior
A38
ADalish, Wardens
P16 posts

permalinkQuote

Beatrix&Nolani

Hi. Hello there. This civil war shit. Wat the fuck is going on.

Srsly. The Wardens have all lost their minds. This Inquisition nonsense. and now she's hearing about a civil war? It might piss off Nolani enough she peels away from her Calling quest to stomp angrily around and kick up dust behind her. Like, what do you mean you're fighting each other? Are you kidding me? What's wrong with all of you? Then eventually (probably almost a full day later) roll her eyes and go back to her Calling quest with a "ya gonna help me or not?"

I briefly mentioned Nolani and Beatrix starting off on the wrong foot. Ruffling feathers is something she does quite often. Nolani feels strong pride for the Wardens, but sometimes her words and actions don't represent that. She also struts with her head held REAL high. Any insult on her honor and pride are likely to earn Beatrix a nice. hard. stare. and a few choice angry words. We should chitchat more. :3

CRIM BEATRIX
played by CRIM
           
GRogue
A37
AGREY WARDEN
P55 posts

permalinkQuote
BEATRIX AND NOLANI

Whoop you managed to plot with me right when I caught the plague, terribly sorry. But I am no longer contagious and caught up now, so let's do this.

I believe the main point was that Nolani generally considers herself Dalish first, and a Warden second. To an Anders traditionalist like Beatrix, that's pretty shocking and not in a fun way. (The Anderfels are of course where the Wardens have the biggest mindshare with the uninitiated so she was already a fan before she joined.) The Wardens are about giving up outside ties, renouncing claims to nobility or land and considering it a calling rather than a job you get to retire from when you feel like it.

I mean she doesn't *love* killing other Wardens, but most fundamentally, she's about preserving the Wardens themselves. That doesn't mean any individual member of their order, that means the institution. She doesn't consider any individual member more than one cog that can be removed if it threatens the whole machine. Obviously there are big potential issues in that philosophy, but that's the sort of zealot she is. That's why she would still be willing to argue with the Hero of Ferelden, despite the fact that a number of other wardens probably get a bit starstruck when Nolani enters a oom.

So there's a question of whether you'd prefer to jump right into that fun, or if you'd like to have them meet in the past to set up a dynamic first. There are always pockets of Blight to investigate, or something to have done quietly by sending a very dour assassin.
played by birthe
           
GMage
A41
Apeople
P150 posts

permalinkQuote
SO I CAME TO THROW ASHER AT UR BEAUTIFUL MAGE BABE (niamh, not maeve, I realize that statement was confusing), and then discovered that I've given asher the same spirit healer story as she has AND I AM BOTH LAUGHING AND REGRETTING EVERYTHING. Imma still keep it tho, bc #BondingOpportunity.

BUT YES it has come to my attention that Niamh and Asher are in the same place at the same time!!! ...maybe. I think. They're both with Kade, I don't know how the timelines align, but Asher will have been ~rescued by Kade's group in 9:43, after a long stay (read: imprisonment/exploitation) with a cell of Red Templars still active and not-quite-dead-yet after the fall of Corypheus. During which!!! The Templars put him through a makeshift Harrowing. Like a sub-par Harrowing. It was the poor man's Harrowing, they didn't even have other mages there to draw in the demons, he basically went for a stroll in the Fade and wanted to stay there with a spirit that took the shape of his first love, but then the spirit told him to go back and he was sad :ccc "Sad" is Asher's primary emotion tbh. He's slightly concerned about warping his spirit (of compassion) into a sorrow demon. BUT YOLO.

BUT BUT they are both peaceful spirit healer babs!! Who are trying to mend things!!! In a broken world!!! ...while, you know, not getting put in more cells. You know. That kind of thing. But then Asher is a Chantry Brother (Kade gave him some robes that didn't have the Chantry sun on them, he fits in more now) and goes around praying a lot and constantly beating himself up about how he, A Piece Of Shit, can serve the Maker now, whereas Niamh is 100% done with the Chantry. SO THAT COULD RESULT IN INTERESTING SEMI-CONFLICT. I say semi-conflict bc I feel like the worst they'll do is have really long talks about their relationship with religion. And he's such a fledgling mage, Crim. He's so pathetic. WELL he can heal and use some offensive spells (the Templars kept him around as their personal healer/whipping boy/prolonger of people's suffering, so he got some practice in there, but as a general rule, Asher has no idea what he's doing and Regrets Everything. Currently trying to "help" Kade be less of an angry spider and more of a spider who's at peace with himself.

Pls lemme push my stupid priest at your precious mage babe.

ALSO ILOREN WANTS TO SAY HIIII TO MAEVE, HI MAEVE, HI PAL, WHATCHA DOING, PAL, o that sounds intense. He's off with the Bellwether now!!! Being the Page of Swords and sort of just...killing a lot of people. Without premission from the Bellwether. But he says it's fine!!! He did it on his off-time!!! And they were Bad People!!!! They hurt/mistreated elves IT'S FINE!!!! And whereas Maeve is having her vallaslin removed, Iloren just keeps adding to his by making Mythal markings over his shoulders and down his chest each time he kills someone. Honestly, he should be doing Elgar'nan, but his Mythal fan status intervenes. These aren't proper vallaslin tho, just... tattoos. Reminders of the path he's chosen.

THEY SHOULD MEET AGAIN TBH BC she is, as we all know, The Smartest Person That Ever Lived, according to Iloren, and also Probably The Best Mage Ever Too, according to Iloren. And I don't know how he'd feel about all this Fen'Harel business, especially if it could hurt elves in the process, but IF MAEVE'S DOING IT, IT MUST BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Also pls tell him all the stories, he is a curious lil lad. (I say lil but he's almost thirty, halp, this child is everlasting.)

I have to make someone who would travel to the Anderfels one of these days too. Bc Beatrix -heart eyes- Would pick up Livius again just so she could stomp on his face tbh.
played by SQUEE
MST (-7)    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GWarrior
A38
ADalish, Wardens
P16 posts

permalinkQuote

Zealots are fun. Especially this one. The arguments can get interesting because Nolani is trying to change the Warden dynamic a bit a lot by seeking out this calling cure thing. She actually believes she's doing this for the Wardens' best interest because she is committed.

I don't mind setting up a dynamic and killing some darkspawn or rescue a town or something (gotta keep the hero status alive) but it could also be fun if Beatrix had expectations of one of the greatest living Wardens of this time and Nolani just... Ruins them with discussions on how to change the Wardens. That's sets up a whole new dynamic. We can also still save a town while discussing it. Warden to Warden. Culling darkspawn. Talking Warden philosophy.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by pippa exclusively for unbound.