Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#28 - Is Your Mom Named Martha Too?, Let's fight evil? each other? both? idk
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 04:34 AM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

Is She With You?

Now that the horrible month known as Smarch has past us, we're ready for something new! So strap in everyone, we've got a goooooooood update here. Lots of changes that we think are pretty cool.

First a few reminders:
Don't forget that you should be collecting sovereigns when you reply to new announcements in this forum. All the ways to earn sovereigns are listed here but if it doesn't say it's applied automatically… you've got to tell Dinah here or she won't be able to give you the swag you've earned.

ICYMI: The Winter Palace event has begun. We've got an officially updated timeline, so there's dates for everything leading up to the Winter Palace event. If you have a Winter Palace thread, please make a post here with the link so everyone can keep an eye on what's happening there.

If you haven't already, please help our member, Ayla, with her studies! Head over to her post here and find out what she's working on and help her by taking a quick survey.

Spring Cleaning: This is the part of the announcement that I encourage you to do some potentially difficult things. This is a no judgement zone but Smarch was a hard month on most of us and for many of us who have been on Unbound a while, we've collected a number of characters and plots that maybe just as inspiring anymore. And as you'll see later in this update, dropping a character might not have to mean the end of them!

Please take an hard and honest look at your character list and your current list of plots/threads. Now is the perfect time to drop characters or threads you're having a hard time with, or feel just aren't working for you anymore. Or perhaps maybe is now the perfect time to end that thread that's been going on forever and you've already done what you wanted to accomplish with it. Talk to whoever you have plots with and ask, do we really still need this thread from six months ago or are you ready to move on too?

If you want to drop characters or plots, just head over to the moderation thread and leave a comment with links. One of us will take care of closing or archiving the thing. Dinah is making us a Spring Cleaning achievement, so if you archive a character or a thread, you can make 100 sovereigns and get a badge.

▶ After a lengthy discussion among the mod team, we've officially decided to drop the word count minimum for Unbound. This means a couple of things:
  • The Rapidfire forum will be going away. We've moved threads to their appropriate locations - if we messed up, let us know and we'll fixed it.
  • Currently when you make a RP post in the appropriate forums, sovereigns are earned per post if you're post length is longer than 350 words. This will not change. So while there is no official minimum post length for RP posts, you will not earn sovereigns for your characters if you post less than 350 words.
  • We still expect people to be considerate of the people you're writing with. It's highly discouraged to answer a 1000 word post with 50 words. If there's a conflict between the effort you feel you're giving to your posts and who you're writing with talk to them, or bring it up with a mod.
▶ Another rule that we are officially dropping from Unbound is the ability to challenge applications for canon characters. Canon characters can be reserved for 5 days in order to write up an application, and are first come-first serve. There will be no extensions given for reserves.

▶ In part with Spring Cleaning we've got a few new items, and some recommendations to kickstart your inspiration and motivation for writing on Unbound.
  • We'd love for people to remember the War Table can be used for any RP requests/ideas you have. We encourage you to use it and to remember that plots can be as simple as suddenly! a snake bite, or as complicated as getting eight friends together to take down some red lyrium menace.
  • Don't let your characters be like Katamaris, don't spin your wheels picking up the same old stuff over and over. Plotting is often a favorite pastime amongst roleplayers, but plotting too far out with your characters can just as easily kill motivation as it can inspire it. We'll be posting up some basic plot prompts to help you think outside the box when it comes to plots and starters.
  • I would love to see people take more advantage of the AU area. When it comes to prompts, I'll be posting some suggestions for AU posts/plots. The world of AUs is VAST and can really help jumpstart character growth ideas. Keep an eye out down there in the AU area for updates.
▶ You may start to notice some post template updates around the board especially for official posts. Mostly for the admin/rules/official post type pages but going forward I want to update the way the IC template works. I'll update again before that happens but be forewarned that updates are coming.

▶ Now for the part of the updated that you didn't know you were waiting for, but you totally were. With the removal of the word count and the need for a rapidfire forum, I've got a whole forum I can repurpose for something new. And boy is this idea a BIG one. It's so big I can't even describe it all in this post. See the link below for the details. (But like finish here and do the thing and then go read it.)

I'm super excited about Charades y'all. I hope you are too. So excited I want to see how excited you are. Leave me a gif in the comments that shows me just how stoked you are.

I hope April showers you with amazing things instead of rain and allergies. <3

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ARTEMIS COUSLAND
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 01:22 PM

This is only about 1/4 of my hype.

user posted image

^
SKINNER
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 01:27 PM

Get hyped, people! Get really hyped!I know I am!
user posted image
((Am I doing this hype thing right?))
^
NAEVIA CAELISTIS
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 01:34 PM
birthe
40 posts
deceased years
Rogue

me rn:

user posted image

it's so beautiful I don't know what to do with myself
PM
^
ZOSHKA
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 02:13 PM

user posted image

8D SHENANIGANSSSSSS!!!!
^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 02:18 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

me: while planning

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
AMYR SEYVAH
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 03:21 PM

user posted image

The excitements got me dancing!
^
PELAGIUS ARISTON
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 04:00 PM

user posted image

I'M SO EXCITED IMMA TURN INTO A CINNAMON ROLL AHHHHHHHH
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 04:22 PM
Hez
92 posts
31 years
Rogue

Is this how you gif??
user posted image
PM
^
DINAH
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 07:03 PM
0 posts
years

I didn't know which one to choose, so I chose them all.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
^
VALIANT
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 08:18 PM

How's this one?
user posted image
^
DELPHINE ISHTAR
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 07:48 AM
Sheep
60 posts
31 years
Mage

I'm even more excited than these guys are!
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
AURELIO ESCAMILLA
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 08:19 AM
ash
26 posts
38 years
Mage

user posted image
PM
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 01:14 PM

user posted image

^
Carver Hawke
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 03:40 PM

user posted image
Well this is fun.

^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND