New Poll

THE WRATH OF HEAVEN [C], ANDERS X CARVER
CARVER HAWKE
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 05:18 PM
sugar
29 posts
30 years
Warrior

He should have seen it coming. Anders had grabbed onto him as a warning, and then it was just too much—Carver felt everything at once, Maker, it wasn’t a man anymore, because this man could crush bone without hardly expunging any effort. It made him sick to his stomach when his ankle was pulled out of its socket and twisted wrong, he yelled out—a low, guttural bellow that was still saturated with rage.

Demon bastard.

If Anders was going to play dirty, then he supposed anything was fair game. His ankle hurt. It was going to serve as a hindrance through the rest of this fight, but he could worry about that later. He had a vial on his hip fastened to his belt that would likely get him through until he made it back to the Chantry—

Carver’s thoughts were interrupted when there was a flash of light so blinding, he thought that for a moment, a much older, experienced Templar had shown up and put an end to all of this, dispelling all magic.

When he hit the ground, unfortunately on his bad ankle, his vision blacked out for a moment. Carver fought through the urge to pass out—the demon would eat him alive, maybe even possess him, too. One could never be too careful, and he would not show weakness in front of an abomination. A clouded focus on the world around him did little to help him gain a bearing on their surroundings, but it was clear to him that they weren’t in the Hinterlands anymore.

His blood became thick, cold, a surge of panic rising through his chest as he realized where they were. The Templar’s expression turned to an ugly snarl as he turned to face the demon—”Take us back! How dare you bring me down here, I have no business here, you fucking abomination!” Carver hoisted himself up with his longsword in the earth of the Fade for support, and rose to his full height, favoring his left side, but he wasn’t going to let that stop him. ”I’ll fucking kill you down here, and then your host dies forever. You’ll be stuck here. Is that what you want, Demon? I won’t make a deal with you to get out—I’d rather die.

Carver had severely underestimated the entire situation. Coming across Anders on his own, it had been a power move—he’d figured he could catch him off guard, which he had, and deliver him into the hands of his superiors with no further problems. And now, he might not even make it out alive, with the demon playing in dangerous territory.

Pushing the thoughts of the sudden panic on Anders’ face right before they’d been transported out of mind, he steeled himself, staying on the defensive since mobility wouldn’t be his strong suit. ”But if I’m going to die, I’m taking you with me, you sick bastard.”

Maybe Garrett would be proud of him now, fighting for his life in the Fade, for something he believed in. Maybe someday, someone would stumble across his body and return him to the world of the living, and he could be the martyr.

Not Anders. Never Anders.
PM
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 07:44 PM
Angel
57 posts
33 years
Mage

The explosion left him disoriented but even though his mind--this twisted mind of man and spirit--couldn't focus, he could feel the difference on his skin, in the air that he breathed. So when the fog lifted, when everything cleared and he could see he just stared. Home. It was something he had longed for for so long until he and Anders had become one. Now it was a painful reminder of what used to be and what could never be again. A feeling of tranquility settled over him and for a moment he just stared, head tilted slightly to the side.

The abomination visibly bristled when Carver spoke, and he turned his flaming blue eyes upon the templar. He curled his lip in a snarl. Was he truly threatening him here of all places? Here where he could manipulate the very air that he breathed. Here where he was at home. Anders turned towards Carver, moving forward with movementsthat were unnatural, inhuman.

"Be silent." He snapped suddenly, baring down on the templar. There was a fury in his gaze, but there was also conflict. He raked Carver over with a withering glare before he turned his head away to focus on something in the distance. "There are more things here to be afraid of than me."

It was simple and short, something that wasn't meant to be discussed. Anders turned although it seemed to be as if two sides were fighting and his body jerked. Why it seemed to be important to leave the sniffling child alive was confusing. He was a templar, and all too eager to murder mages without consideration. Why should he be spared?

Still, it was better not to fight with the human that resided within the same body. Not here. Why were they here? How were they? The last time was because of magic, a spell weaved by a dalish mage. This was different, older. Anders didn't give Carver a second glance as he started forward, pushing further into the Fade. Let the boy follow or be swallowed up by the monstrosities of the Fade.
PM
^
CARVER HAWKE
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 09:37 AM
sugar
29 posts
30 years
Warrior

Anger rose like bile, hot and putrid as the abomination told him to be quiet. That was just supposed to be it? No. For a long moment, he struggled with how to respond, watching the demon turn on its heel and start to move away from him. He hadn’t even answered why he’d brought them here—but Carver had very little expertise in this field on his own. He wasn’t about to just let the abomination slip away if that was his only chance of getting back out.

”DON’T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME!” Carver howled from where he stood, raising the longsword above his head, prepared to block some sort of magical retaliation. But nothing. He just kept walking. Carver stared at the abomination’s retreating figure, allowing himself a moment to brood before he lowered his sword, sheathed it, and hobbled after Justice, without another word. His rage subsided as he started to move, the anger moving from his head down to his damn foot.

It was extremely hard to walk—each step made him grimace, but he did his best to keep posture, as a Templar would, instead of displaying weakness. Agony shot up his leg each time he put his left foot the ground, but this was hardly the worst thing he’d been through. He supposed that he should count his blessings that the abomination didn’t want to fight, because he had fought with one before, and it wasn’t exactly fun. Not like the regular duels with a mage that wasn’t possessed. He would have surely fought for his life, down here, where he didn’t know a thing about shit. Maybe Justice did. It would be foolish, for now, to let his prejudices get in the way of reason. Carver could postpone his need to shed the demon’s blood… for now. He didn’t have the upper hand, not anymore.

”You broke my damn ankle,” Carver complained loudly behind him as he struggled to catch up. ”Was this your plan all along, then, demon? To cripple me and leave me here to die? You can’t escape your fate, you know that, right? If it wasn’t me… some other Templar would have found you. Just stop running.”

Carver frowned as the silence continued, his brow furrowing as he stared daggers at the back of the demon’s head, his leg screaming every step of the way—the way into the unknown, and he definitely didn’t like that he was kept in the dark about this. ”There will be people to come to look for me if you don’t take me back,” Carver lied through his teeth—he hadn’t told anyone where he was going.
PM
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:06 AM
Angel
57 posts
33 years
Mage

Did the Templar not understand what the term silent meant? Had he misunderstood the term himself? Used it wrong? Or perhaps Carver was just stupid. That must be it. After all, he turned on his own family to become one of them. Honestly, he would have already snapped the child's neck and have been done with him had they been anywhere but here. It would be a fight he couldn't afford. The noise would draw attention and he needed to conserve his strength. Not to mention that forceful scratching and pounding at his conscience-ness that was beginning to give him a headache. Which was ridiculous, spirits didn't get headaches but being trapped in this mortal body made him feel a plethora of things he'd never considered before.

He could feel Carver following him, even if the sound of his voice wasn't enough to tip him off. His eyes rolled, another mortal action he had found himself doing more often. What was he whining about? Yes, his ankle was shattered, but he was alive was he not? It was more than his victims could say. Anders' shoulders heaved with an exasperated sigh, and he turned quickly almost in the blink of an eye to face the whining templar behind him.

"Yes, your ankle is broken. What would you have me do? Carry you?" Hm. Perhaps more of Anders' sass had seeped into him as well. Their personalities were so closely interwoven that even he had difficulty finding the difference sometimes. "And I find it disbelieving that anyone would be so willing to search for you in the Fade. You are not important enough."

It was an intentional jab at the Templar. A purposeful sore spot he enjoyed pushing, causing pain to the Templar would have to suffice since he was not allowed to kill him, for now. Anders tongue swept over his lips as he glared at Carver. "Furthermore..." He paused, his gaze dropping briefly to stare at the ground before moving back up to lock on Carver's.

"I did not do this." He fell silent then, staring at Carver and allowing time for those words to sink in. He was not the cause of this, and he wasn't certain how to get back.
PM
^
CARVER HAWKE
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:35 AM
sugar
29 posts
30 years
Warrior

He refused to be treated like this: some kind of burden to Justice, even though Justice had been the one who had walked away from their fight, had brought him down here in the first fucking place. No. He had no right to act this way now, and the response made him falter, for a moment. That didn't sound like Justice. A pause, and he didn't dignify it with a response other than baring his teeth. When Anders came back, he was going to throttle him.

At least Justice had stopped walking so he didn't have to keep hurting himself, but still, he wasn't about to take him up on his offer. When he kept on, Carver almost preferred that he hadn't stopped to answer him at all. He'd caught onto his lie, latched his claws in and twisted. That had always been the truth. Not important enough. After all his years of service and dedication, he hadn't moved up in the ranks at all. His temper held him back, his superiors told him. Control it, and he would excell as a Knight-Lieutenant. Carver had never bothered to learn. He didn't have friends in the Chantry, either: some that would talk to him at the mess hall, or invited him out to drink, but that was mostly to see if he would get in a barfight (Carver had seen a few of them passing money under the table, once).

No one respected him, so why should he respect them? He'd always had to look out for himself, and that wasn't going to change anytime soon.

There was no reason to trust a demon, but what other choice did he have? When he said he had no part in their sudden appearance in the Fade, Carver was skeptical, but he supposed if Justice had an ulterior motive he would have already started to throw it into motion. The first step would likely be murdering Carver.

"Okay, I'll bite." Carver responded flatly, making no response to the offensive comment that had likely been deemed so upon deliverance. "Don't you have friends down here, Demon? Call on them to get us out of here, then. I don't think that Anders wants to live in the Fade forever, if you were planning on staying." The defense of the mage was not because he cared: but he had heard Anders talk enough about a time long past to understand that the two had been friends, at one point. He didn't know if they were friends any longer--highly doubtful, but it didn't change the fact they were bound together, and it had to affect the demon in control, somehow, since he'd already managed to let an uncharacteristic comment slip.

A small part of him wished his brother was here. He would know what to do. He pushed it aside, clearing his thoughts. If they had gotten in unintentionally, there had to be a way to get out, just the same. "If you don't, we should look for an exit. Any ideas on where to start? This is your home turf."
PM
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 01:01 PM
Angel
57 posts
33 years
Mage

"Friends are a mortal construct." He spoke, his tone exasperated. Truly he knew nothing. Naught of the mages he hunted nor the spirits and demons he feared. Even if he had friends here, he would not trust their help in this matter. Any true friend of his would be appalled at the notion of wanting to leave and any being eager to help would most likely want to use the stupid templar as a ride out. He cut a sideways glance at Carver. Maybe that would be a valuable lesson for him...

"I am not a demon," he hissed, almost as if an afterthought. He did perhaps have a point in Anders not wanting to stay here. Even now he could feel the mage churning in the darkest reaches of their conjoined mind. Despite Anders will, he had full control here. There was nothing he could do if he decided to turn on Carver right now, but afterward...there were many things that Anders could do,had tried. He made a noise in his throat, turning back around to start walking once more.

"Finding a way out was what I was doing while trying to drown out your voice." He supplied after a moment. This was honestly troubling. The last time he had been brought into the fade, it had been in mind only. Once they died they were back in the real world, or once the quest had been completed they returned. This was different. They were both physically in the Fade. Something that hadn't been done in a very, long, time.

"Do not touch anything." He said after a moment. He didn't want Carver to accidentally break anything because his stupidity got the best of him. Closing his eyes, he released a breath, slow and steady trying to find any trace of the magic that had drug them here in the first place. Perhaps if he could find that, then there would be hope to return them to the real world. There, he would let Anders decide what to do with Carver, at least until he had had enough of the templar's mouth.
PM
^
CARVER HAWKE
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 06:51 PM
sugar
29 posts
30 years
Warrior

”No wonder you’re such an antisocial git,” Carver shot back, already annoyed by the severely intellectual way that the demon spoke—like he knew more than him, and more importantly, that he was above Carver. No one leeching the life out of a human host was better than him. His mortality was attached to the mage’s life, and who knew how long that would be with the constant stress of supporting someone else, possibly even more maniacal than the mage himself. It wasn’t quite pity that he felt in that moment, but he couldn’t put a label on what it was. But if they didn’t get out of there, it wasn’t only Carver who would be in deep shit. The mage might never get his consciousness back. Carver couldn’t imagine dying in a shell of oneself, not able to move, not able to scream, not able to fight.

No, it would be inhumane to let something like that to happen to him. He was still a person, and honestly—until Anders had given him lip, he hadn’t planned on killing him. He just wanted the mage to be contained. Contained—but not like this. Anders had been right, as much as Carver had been unwilling to admit the truth—he did have a choice, in the culling of the Kirkwall Circle, and he’d chosen wrong. But to turn on his own Order—no, that was an impossibility. Carver had known nothing else but to serve and defend: anything morally questionable had always thrown him for a loop, simply because of the high regard he had given the Chantry since joining—to suggest they were doing something wrong would suggest a shake in faith.
Carver would never lose faith.

His eyes nearly rolled out of his head at Justice’s rebuttal—he could lie to himself all he wanted, but it wasn’t going to change the facts. He couldn’t help but watch the strange meditation of the abomination, since he had been told to leave everything alone—but now that he thought of it, it was as if all the objects within the fade were screaming his name. He’d never been here before, so how foolish would it be to leave without being able to see or touch anything? While the demon’s eyes were closed, Carver inched away to examine an object, placing both hands on the vase-like object. It exploded within his hands, and a demon rose from a wisp of smoke—a naked woman, ample breasts heaving with excitement as she rounded down on Carver, one hand pressed to the side of his face. ”I CAN HELP YOU LEAVE,” the demon spoke, tone surprisingly soft in Carver’s ear—it didn’t give him the feeling of hatred that he would have thought. ”THAT IS WHAT YOU DESIRE, ISN’T IT?”
PM
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 08:19 PM
Angel
57 posts
33 years
Mage

Carver's voice was drowned out, ignored as he prattled on. The templar wasn't his concern at the moment. He'd almost forgotten how home felt. The way every molecule of the place could be molded and manipulated to his will. Why did anyone want to leave? Why were demons constantly clawing and tearing to find their way free? What could possibly be better than this? At least, that was questions he once asked. Now, he could almost understand. The taste of the sweetest fruit or the smell of the wind after a rain. The feel of soft skin in a heated embrace.

Anders eyes snapped open with mild disgust at the thought, blue fire flaring briefly in his gaze. Some things were still lost on him and the last was one he intended to keep that way. It was only when his concentration was broken that he realized Carver's footsteps were silent behind him. Had the stupid fool gotten lost? He turned, expecting to feel more of the exasperation he'd felt since they'd gotten here, instead he felt a jolt of fear. Not from him, he felt no fear, but Anders did and the human mage still had a deep connection within him.

He was moving in seconds. The blue fire whipped around him, branching out like an extension of his own will. "You will not touch him." He snarled, baring his teeth--although they were not as intimidating as the lust demon’s before him. The demon returned his his, sliding around Carver so that she stood behind him, fingers running along the Templars chest.

"He wants to keep you here my love," she whispered huskily into his ear, almost a moan as she pressed against his back. "To keep you here. Trap you.”

”Carver,” he warned, anger creeping into his voice. It was anger that a demon dared to show it's face near him. It was worry from Anders within him. He moved forward and every step he took the demon made sure to keep Carver between herself and him.

"But I won't trap you. I'll set you free. Kill him and we can be free. Kill the demon."

He snarled, flexing his fingers as if he too had claws at their tip. He could almost feel the demon’s blood against his skin, heard her screeching as she perished within the Fade. His muscles tensed to lunge, even if it meant going through the young Hawke to get to her. No. The thought was strong, strong enough to cause his head to snap to the side with a vicious snarl as he struggled with himself.

A gasp left his lips, and he squeezed his eyes shut tightly before he spoke. "Carver. Don't listen to it." It wasn't a voice of a demon that spoke. "Be better....than us mages. Be stronger." He grit his teeth and then spit. "Prove that you are better than me. Prove that you're better than your brother. Kill it!"

PM
^
CARVER HAWKE
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 09:44 PM
sugar
29 posts
30 years
Warrior

Most everything had been blocked from Carver's consciousness—not intentionally, but the demon was blocking it out. There was a certain lull of belonging when her arm wrapped over his front, fingers curling against his chest like she belonged there. It did feel right, with the slighest flags of wrong attatched to it, but he could hardly be one to judge, right now. She said she could help him, that Justice was wrong... his mind glazed over and he accepted it as truth, accepted Justice as the enemy. He was an abomination, anyway; what would he know about making anything right, with him? He didn't believe in him, he didn't think that Carver could do anything useful.

The longer that he stayed within the demon's grasp, the more plausible the situation seemed. He could get out of this, with her, she would help him, somehow. It made sense... Justice did want to trap him here. To protect the mage, if nothing else...

Her chin droped over his shoulder, soft lips at the side of his jaw and he tensed, still not entirely sure that this was the right thing to do. Being stuck between two demons was hardly an ideal situation. His vision had glazed over, lashes fluttering shut at the idea of letting the demon win. It would only be temporary... what harm could really come from it? He could free himself if he wanted to...

The voice he heard was blurry, disoriented at first, but he recognized it as Anders, not the demon that possessed him. He processed what was said to him and faltered, momentarily struck from his hazy compliance. A small flame billowed in his chest, and he recognized all of those statements as true. He was better, and he would not fall prey to a creature agains the will of the Maker. Glowering on the spot, he recognized those fingers upon his chest for what they truly were and shoved away from them, getting his bearings about him as he prepared for a counter attack.

He lead with his good foot, striking the earth so hard that he would have stunned his foe: but as it was a demon, his effort had been wasted. She struck back with significantly more power and Carver braced himself, willing that his belief would be enough to get him through this. He'd fought demons like this before: it had only been different because he was in the fade, purely subject to its will; the demon had been seeking a host and she would not get him. A heavy exhale of emotion as he swong towards it, the longsword only momentarily blocking it from moving, but enough to keep it still for a moment.

Carver grinned, closing in for the kill, another swing back—but before he could stop it, the demon thrusted her hand into his abdomen, clutching his insides, a pain Carver didn't even know he could feel overtaking his entire psyche. The demon's hold within his gut was all he could think about; he couldn't move anymore, fight anymore, think anymore.

Game over.
PM
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 05:00 PM
Angel
57 posts
33 years
Mage

It was almost as if time had slowed down. Anders waited with baited breath, willing that his taunts would reach the stupid man's ears. The air rushed out of his lungs in relief as Carver moved, breaking free from the demon's hold. That battle was finished at least. The one waging inside his head was another and the fight before him became blurry as the intensity of the Fade's hold threatened to swallow him once again, to push him back into the dark crevice of his mind where he could only watch and scream silently from afar. Here Justice was stronger. And that terrified him.

"Carver," he croaked out, hoping to get some kind of reply from him. The only sound that reached his ears was the muffled scream of pain from the other man's lips. Anders' head snapped up at the sound, and all at once things became sharper, clearer. Only once again he was no longer in control. He moved forward with reflexes unknown to man, catching the demon's wrist before she could push more of her arm into Carver's abdomen. The angle of the attack forced the demon to retreat, leaving a trail of blood and guts spilling from the young Hawke's middle.

He spared not a second glance at Carver, following the demon with a fury that matched her own. The ground shook with the force of energy being expelled from both of them, blue and purple clashing together with a cacophony of snarls and screeches that echoed around them. Anders' head snapped to the side, claw marks etched into his skin, and his lips pulled back into a snarl as he slowly turned his head back to face the demoness. Blood dripped from her claws as she brought them to her lips, licking the blood with a low moan followed by a demonic chuckle.

A sudden sound split the air, like that of thunder, loud enough to shake the very ground that they stood upon. Anders snapped his head around, torn between the demon that stood before him and the human laying bleeding behind him. Justice wanted to finish what they started, kill the demon before she could twist any more to her will, but Anders was frantic to get back Carver. The decision was made for him.

The sky split, like a jagged tear in a cloth, and the brilliant green light from before flared, blinding him. He felt the suction of the air as drug him towards the tear, and for a brief moment Anders won the struggle and lunged behind him, blindly grasping for Carver. He could hear the demon screeching no, and there was silence.

Anders grunted as he landed on something hard. He coughed, pushing himself up on shaky arms. They weren't in the Fade any longer. He could tell by the way Justice was forced to retreat fully from his mind, lurking in the darkest corners, and by the way the very air felt less. It was harder to manipulate reality here, harder to reach for that magic. Blinking past the blood that dripped into his eyes from the lacerations on his face, he tried to locate Carver.

"Carver?" He spoke, his voice hoarse and as much as he tried to stay calm he was starting to panic. He shifted to move forward, to crawl if he had to, and felt something warm and wet against his hand. Glancing down, he made a disgusted noise in his throat, flicking the thing away. It was a hand, more specifically the demon's hand, no doubt caught when the rift had closed behind them. Refocusing, Anders forced himself to his feet, ignorning the way he swayed as he made his way to where he could see Carver's body.

"Damn it, Carver, you better not bloody be dead!"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND