Guest Welcome guest!

Here on Unbound, our plot follows four different timelines, set throughout the canonical history of the Dragon Age. The events following Trespasser, the time of the Inquisition, the rise of the Champion of Kirkwall and the quest of the Warden against the Fifth Blight.

And So is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

-Threnodies 8.13

New Poll

small fortunes, honor / 9:42
as played by becca

6" posts

The Fortress is more impressive than the stories had said; Zevran expected that. The full might of the Inquisition rested within those stone walls, situated atop an impressive mountaintop range. The wind is crisp, the sun just bright enough to keep the cold from being too harsh. Still, Zevran pulls his cloak tighter around him and pauses, looking down the path that leads to the front gate and the guards waiting. He's sure they've seen his approach by now.

There were probably some ways to enter Skyhold in secret if one took the time to look. But Zevran isn't looking to sneak in. Neither does he have business here, but he had business, and there was a matter of offering thanks personally for the aid he'd been given.

The Crows are somewhere in the Free Marches - perhaps given up on picking up on his false trail - and he is here, somewhere between Ferelden and Orlais and looking upon the Inquisition stronghold, a little weary, very cold, and looking forward to a moments peace before he throws himself back into the nasty business of murdering Crows.

Here is what he knows about the Inquisitor: a woman of fine skill of noble blood. In his writings with Leliana - when not discussing matters of tracking Venatori - there was not much to form an opinion. There were stories, rumors, and Zevran cannot be sure which are real and which are just fanciful half-truths. From his experience, even the fanciful ones could be real. He's seen enough by now.

The gates of Skyhold loom; the fortress should be imposing, for all its size and purpose, but Zevran approaches calmly. The guards, he notes, shift. There must be a number of people making the pilgrimage to the Inquisition in the hopes of seeking safety or to offer help, but he is a lone figure in a dark cloak. He only appears unarmed. There were a number of tiny blades tucked all over his person, and his cloak hides the blades at his belt well enough at the moment. They are watchful.

Yes, it would have been easy to slip in and find a familiar face, to trade a few words with an old friend before introducing himself to the Inquisitor. To slip away after the fact. This is better.

He bows, a dip low enough to show respect and smiles. "Might I request an audience with the Inquisitor?" he asks. "I find I wish to thank her for her assistance on my last job, and perhaps to share a little information."
Feb 1 2018, 05:48 PM
as played by cherith

134" posts

Honor had been told there was someone asking for her audience, someone she'd assisted on a job previously. The description had piqued her interest, but she couldn't put a name to the man in question. She combed her memory as she walked through the halls of Skyhold back down to the main hall where she typically greeted new guests, at least those guests kind enough to wait for her instead of tracking her through the fortress. She was dressed for comfort at the moment, having only been back for a day and not keen on leaving again right away. Although Josephine was already drawing up her plans for a trip into Orlais to speak with some nobleman or another. And then after that instead of returning here, she'd be off further west. Cullen was working on something with Cassandra but Honor was leaving that alone until they actually had something to tell her.

It was good that she'd been trained to adapt quickly because she wasn't sure how she'd manage the rapid shifts in forces and plans of the Inquisition if she didn't. There were days where plans were still being updated as she was heading out to the stables for her horse. Today was a rare break and she'd been down in the belly of the fortress with Dagna going over plans for new toys. The talent that woman was capable of was astounding. That she'd decided to ally with the Inquisition was a gift.

Smiling, Honor strolled into the hall gaze sweeping through the familiar faces for someone that stood out. The tattoo drew her attention first. That must be him. And then the pieces fell into place. Briefly, as she crossed the hall to greet him, she wondered if Leliana was aware that Zevran had arrived in Skyhold. But then again, it was Leliana and that seemed like a silly question.

"Ah. And you must be Zevran," Honor greeted with one hand held out. "I'm so glad we can finally meet."

Her grin grew as she looked him over from the tips of his ears and dirty blonde hair, to the scuffed and well-worn toes of his leather boots. Rumors she'd heard about the Antivan assassin came to mind, but she tried her best to push them away in order to best enjoy her first impression. Leliana's description of him had been adequate but incomplete, she'd failed to mention exactly how handsome the man was.

"I hear things went well?"

@[Zevran Arainai[
Mar 13 2018, 09:51 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll