Posted: Apr 14 2018, 11:15 AM
SQUEE
44 posts
38 years
Warrior

M for language.

--

"Here. We can stop."

She pulled to a stop behind one of the thaig's few inns and taverns, located on the center traveling road to accommodate those who traversed the Deep Roads between dwarven cities. The entire alley smelled of sour piss and vomit, but it was primarily secluded. Nolani rested her hands on her hips, catching her breath for the first moment they’d had since their jail break. By instinct, Nolani squinted up, forgetting there was no sun and thus no real way for her to keep track of time. Fucking hell. She despised it here and hated her blindness. What fucking day was it anyway?

With no sun, her purpose was defeated. So, instead, she looked to Anders and allowed a second to be grateful he was also here. How or why didn’t really matter; he’d gotten her out of jail and potentially being carted off to Tevinter as a slave. She would have liked to have seen her captors complete that journey. Even bound, her rage was sufficient in most circumstances and it even served her well today. Tonight? This afternoon? Whatever.

“Anders,” she said, walking to him.

Then punched him. Once in the solar plexus, and once more across the jaw. As grateful as she had been to see him, it was so satisfying to hit him. For the hurt he’d caused her. For every grief she’d heard about him and for every defense she’d provided him in his absence.

“What the FUCK!” Nolani yelled, dropping her fists. She bunched his robes, steadying him so he stayed upright for her rant. “Ya fucking LEFT!” she continued, referring to nearly a whole decade ago. “Ya just up and fuckin disappeared on me, Anders! And then, and then, I hear somethin about how ya fuckin blew up a shemlen chantry. What the fuck?” Dramatically, she threw her arms outward, showcasing her bewilderment. “That somehow made this big mage and templar war that has been a downright PAIN IN MY ASS to hear about and deal with while I traveled around. Do ya know how much bickerin I’ve put up with in my Wardens because of it?”

Stepping forward, Nolani prodded him hard in the chest. “Ya know what’s been said about ME because of ya? Ya know I was asked to hunt ya down? I could have, ya know! I thought about it! Just to do what I just did and hit ya in yer stupid fuckin head! Dammit, Anders!”

She was boiling now. Grabbing him again, she shook him. "Have ya lost yer mind?!"

ANDERS
PM
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:18 PM
Angel
59 posts
33 years
Mage

Anders was still reeling from the shock of seeing her after all these years. It was fitting really that their reunion started with a jail break. After all their first meeting had been her saving him from being taken prisoner and murdered. He almost found the whole ordeal amusing, if only he didn't have a ghoul on his hands and no doubt a world of pain about to be bestowed onto him. Nolani was a friend, but she also had a temper that made him want to hide.

The mage's nose wrinkled in disgust as Nolani stopped in an alley. Dwarves were bloody disgusting. Anders wasn't surprised really, he'd spent enough time around Oghren to know that. He looked at the elf as she said his name, and tensed as she came towards him. As expected he barely had time to register the movement before her fist connected with his stomach, making him double over in pain with a gasp. He tasted bile in his throat, and was attempting to force air back into his lungs when her next hit had his head snapping to the side.

Anders knew he deserved every hit, and he frowned in pain as she steadied him. He could barely concentrate on her words as she spit them at him. His jaw throbbed with pain and he was bloody lucky that she hadn't broken it. He'd be left with a pretty nasty bruise on it though, there and his abdomen.

"Nolani," He spoke, wincing at the pain it caused him to move his jaw. The elf's hands were on him again, shaking him, and for a split second everything became distant and distorted, like he was under water. His skin cracked open, glowing with the eerie blue light of the fade. Wisps of blue curled around him as if alive, fueled by the spirit that was trying to make itself known, and then suddenly everything was back to normal.

Anders manages to pry himself free from Nolani, stumbling back to rest against the wall. He turned his head to the side, spitting a glob of blood onto the already disgusting ground. "I'm sorry." He said finally.

"I fucked up. Maker I fucked up so bad. Those wardens that were with me....the templar...I killed them. I tore them to pieces because...I allowed Justice to posses me." He fell silent after that, staring up at what would have been the sky if they were above ground. A bitter laugh left his lips, and he shook his head.

"I became a fucking monster. And...I made a lot of mistakes. And...Im just so damn tired."
PM
^
NOLANI MAHARIEL
 Posted: May 27 2018, 10:32 AM
SQUEE
44 posts
38 years
Warrior

"No. Not fucking Nolani. It's warden commander to you right now," she seethed. He did not have the right to call her by her first name. Not when he deserted the wardens.

As his skin leaked streaks of blue glow and wisps, Nolani shoved him away, swearing passionately in stunned bewilderment. What the fuck was this? What was happening to him?

"Yer sorry?" she seethed between teeth. Nolani leaned forward on one foot, glaring up at him as he rested against the gray stone wall. She couldn't speak more than that, too angry for more words when the only thing that made sense was to hit stuff. Her hands stayed tight to her sides. That blue wispy shit made her anxious and Anders was a wimp. The punches she'd delivered already were enough.

Sorry didn't fucking cut it. There were no amount of apologies to cover what he'd done, because it was inexcusable. Nolani had no true love for the shemlen's Andraste or their chantry, but she respected what was sacred among people because for Creators sake she would hope shemlens and dur'genlens would respect what her people found sacred.

Nolani's face twisted in disgust when Anders admitted, openly and freely, he'd let Justice possess him. She stepped away, swiping her hand in general dismissal, as if to wipe the fact clean from the air. Magic and possession was a sore spot between them, and Anders was fully aware of her opinions and actions on the matter. She'd have to think about this one: the spirit of justice was different than a demon of desire.

"Ya certainly sound like a fuckin' horror," she confirmed, voice biting in anger but calmer than her earlier raging. That had something to do with Anders, who was weirdly docile for someone just punched.

Moreover, she was angry at herself. Nolani hadn't sent any parties after Anders after they'd found the gristly remains of the initial party. For all intents and purposes, she'd figured wild animals had butchered them all, including Anders. Until the news had trickled from Kirkwall he lived, from Stroud, and she'd decided to leave him be with his healing sanctuary. No harm could come of that. If anything, it might help the Warden picture if people had known Anders was a warden. Then the explosion happened and her leadership was momentarily put to question, before she'd shut them down by taking responsibility for her mistake.

Nolani turned sideways toward Anders, the lines of her face drawn into a thoughtful frown. Responsibility. Not "justice made me do it", but "I did it".

Nolani blinked. "Now, ya live with the mistakes. And they make ya tired," she said, as someone who knew. Because she'd annulled the Circle of Ferelden, and that atrocity haunted her younger self for a few years. "Ya did a lot of stupid shit, but so have a lot of fuckin' people. Congratu-fucking-lations, Anders, ya've made the history books as one of the greatest terrorists of modern Thedas."

She let that set a moment. "What I don't get is where ya've been since. Why didn't ya come back to me? Because ya should have. Because the worst ya had to fear was two punches."

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND