a dragon age roleplay
WELCOME TO UNBOUND

Four years strong, we are a literate to advanced Dragon Age roleplay that focuses on the events post-Trespasser, while also following the timelines of the Warden, Champion and Inquisitor.

Please register your account in ALL CAPS (Ex: HONOR TREVELYAN)

Played by Holly
staff
♕   andraste
♕   cherith
♕   cat
♕   dinah
♕   crim

Add Reply
New Poll

the bellwether, (09/22) informants.
played by milk
est    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GMage
A29
Abellwether
P33 posts

permalinkQuote
the bellwether
bellwether plot
the bellwether spy network is a clandestine organization that has been around for a number of decades. the network serves as a contingent of spies who auction off salient information to the highest bidder regardless of outcome. originally the network involved itself solely in aspects of the grand game, it's influence spreading only as far as val royeaux, but during it's time under the undisclosed management of comte decaisne iii it slowly began to expand outwards into the orlesian countryside and beyond. the bellwether spy network holds no affiliation to any one faction, however some would tell you that that has not been true as around 9:41 dragon, for awhile, the network had been rumored to have aligned itself with the inquisition. this association ultimately crippled the network, many of it's informants choosing to opt out due to feelings that a public affiliation to the inquisition would contest their neutrality. those rumors, however true, have since been quelled. in recent years the network has started to grow again. this time under the influence of the nevarran noble family: van aalsburg. this is a fact that has been and is being fastidiously concealed due to the fact that the network's claim towards "impartiality" could be called into question. again. the network is ultimately made up of many informants (22 major arcana, 56 minor arcana) and it's unlikely lynchpin: bug, the bellwether.
faq
1. how do i know if an arcana is taken or reserved? you just have to hover over the lil icon on the left of the descriptions. icons that aren't black 'n white are also clear indicators that a slot is taken.

2. can i play one of the 56 minor arcana? (page of swords, ace of wands, etc.) atm no. i mean, i kind of wanna fill the main request first, but if there's enough interest in them then maybe in the future~

3. what's this all about? (sweats) that's... totally optional tbh!! i just thought it'd be fun for bellwether missions 'n things if everyone had ~levels and gained ~exp. i also thought it'd be cute if we had an adorable lil cohesive code to keep track of all our accomplishments 'n junk!! it's still in its experimental stages, so it's bound to be a mess, but i'd love some feedback on it. (or just feedback in general!)

4. i'm interested! how do stats work? like, where would my character get their base stats? !!! you just hmu on discord right quick and we talk a bit about your character! after that we do one of two things. the first way is we completely randomize your stats, rolling 3d6 die eight times and jotting down the results. (it's how i did it.) or!! if you'd rather not leave it up to chance, i can just give you a set amount of stat points and you can go to town on your own! (:

5. how does my character gain experience? how do they level up? pretty much by doing bellwether missions or having any kind of thread with another bellwether informant. also, maybe, replying in other bellwether shippers? i'm thinking comm threads will gain a character 200 exp while normal threads will gain 'em 500-800?? gaining a level every 1000 exp?? maybe?? did i mention i'd love some feeback on this?? bc i would.

6. what does leveling do, exactly? other than give you a rad sense of accomplishment?!? nothing. it's just fun. this'll probably change in the future, within bellwether paramaters, but rn it's just aesthetic.

7. how will missions work? where will you post them? i'm working on a system rn, but since the want ad is fairly new and there aren't that many bellwether informants at the mo i'm not too stressed about it. i'm thinking we'll roll die just to check if attacks hit or s/t. idk i feel like that'd be mucho fun and keep us all on our toes?? we'll be doing missions in sequential order, (so leveling makes sense? i guess?) so they'll all start around the inquisition's timeline when bug took full reins of the network. i'll probably place missions somewhere in my dev forum, so keep an eye out for that.

8. i want to make a civilian character. would i still be able to praticipate in leveling and missions? hell!! yes!!! i'll try to be as inclusive as possible when it comes to all types of characters, i promise! especially if you're interested in trying out the whole ~leveling thing w/ me.

9. i have some ideas that might help! would you be willing to hear me out? yes. please. (small voice) save me.

10. when was the bellwether founded? 8:46 blessed by countess yvette decaisne née guillem.

11. can i make any kind of character? feel free to be as creative as you want with your informant! this is super encouraged!! cannot!!! stress this!!! enough!!!! the tarot descriptions are only there to get your creative juices flowin'. they don't even have to be like their respective arcana tbh. seriously, have fun w/ it.

12. does the bellwether have a base of operations? kind of?? in val royeaux there's a cute lil tea house run by guillem, the sun tarot, that doubles as an erotic art / book store. (i'll get around to requesting him, promise.) the space has kind of become the unoffical bellwether HQ.

13. how are people recruited into the bellwether? a number of ways. some inherit a predecessors card, some take it by force, and some are actively recruited when a card becomes available. honestly, you can be as creative as you want with this. as long as you run it by me first, and i give the ok, you're golden!

22 major arcana
(0) fool
upright: beginnings, innocence, spontaneity, free spirit
reversed: naivety, foolishness, risk-taking
opposes: hierophant, death, devil
reinforces: hanged man, star, judgement

(1) magician
upright: power, skill, concentration, action, resourcefulness
reversed: manipulation, poor planning, latent talents
opposes: priestess, hanged man
reinforces: chariot

(2) high priestess
upright: intuition, higher powers, mystery, subconscious mind
reversed: hidden agendas, need to listen to inner voice
opposes: magician
reinforces: hermit, hanged man

(3) empress
upright: fertility, femininity, beauty, nature, abundance
reversed: creative block, dependence on others
opposes: emperor, death
reinforces: lovers, star

(4) emperor
upright: authority, father-figure, structure, solid foundation
reversed: domination, excessive control, rigidity, inflexibility
opposes: empress
reinforces: hierophant, justice

(5) heirophant
upright: religion, group, identification, conformity, tradition, beliefs
reversed: restriction, challenging the status quo
opposes: fool, lovers
reinforces: emperor

(6) lovers
upright: love, union, relationships, values alignment, choices
reversed: disharmony, imbalance, misalignment of values
opposes: hierophant, hermit
reinforces: empress

(7) chariot
upright: control, will power, victory, assertion, determination
reversed: lack of control and direction, aggression
opposes: strength, hanged man, tower
reinforces: magician

(8) strength
upright: courage, patience, control, compassion
reversed: weakness, self-doubt, lack of self-discipline
opposes: chariot
reinforces: hanged man

(9) hermit
upright: soul-searching, introspection, being alone, inner guidance
reversed: isolation, loneliness, withdrawal
opposes: lovers, world
reinforces: priestess

(10) wheel of fortune
upright: good luck, karma, life cycles, destiny, turning point
reversed: bad luck, negative external forces, out of control
opposes: n/a
reinforces: n/a

(11) justice
upright: fairness, truth, cause and effect, law
reversed: unfairness, lack of accountability, dishonesty
opposes: n/a
reinforces: emperor, judgement

(12) hanged man
upright: suspension, restriction, letting go, sacrifice
reversed: martyrdom, indecision, delay
opposes: magician, chariot
reinforces: fool, priestess, strength

(13) death
upright: endings, beginnings, change, transformation, transition
reversed: resistance to change, unable to move on
opposes: fool, empress, judgement
reinforces: tower

(14) temperance
upright: balance, moderation, patience, purpose, meaning
reversed: imbalance, excess, lack of long-term vision
opposes: tower
reinforces: world

(15) devil
upright: bondage, addiction, sexuality, materialism
reversed: detachment, breaking free, power reclaimed
opposes: fool, star

(16) tower
upright: disaster, upheaval, sudden change, revelation
reversed: avoidance of disaster, fear of change
opposes: chariot, temperance, star
reinforces: death, sun

(17) star
upright: hope, spirituality, renewal, inspiration, serenity
reversed: lack of faith, despair, discouragement
opposes: devil, tower, moon
reinforces: fool, empress

(18) moon
upright: illusion, fear, anxiety, insecurity, subconscious
reversed: release of fear, unhappiness, confusion
opposes: star, sun

(19) sun
upright: fun, warmth, success, positivism, vitality
reversed: temporary depression, lack of success
opposes: moon
reinforces: tower, world

(20) judgement
upright: rebirth, inner calling, absolution
reversed: self-doubt, refusal of self-examination
opposes: death
reinforces: fool, justice

(21) world
upright: completion, integration, accomplishment, travel
reversed: lack of completion, lack of closure
opposes: hermit
reinforces: temperance, sun
played by CAT
           
GInactive
A27
AGold
P39 posts

permalinkQuote
yo. shoutout. you want a hermitcrab or what? ♡
played by milk
           
GMage
A29
Abellwether
P33 posts

permalinkQuote
ok but im not giving him back
played by Squee
Mountain (-7)    mature content? Yes    Offline
           
GRogue
A33
ABellwether
P1 posts

permalinkQuote
Would you like to play a little game of Hanged Man?
played by milk
           
GMage
A29
Abellwether
P33 posts

permalinkQuote
get away from me
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by pippa exclusively for unbound.