Guest Welcome guest!

UNBOUND

Here on Unbound, our plot follows four different timelines, set throughout the canonical history of the Dragon Age. The events following Trespasser, the time of the Inquisition, the rise of the Champion of Kirkwall and the quest of the Warden against the Fifth Blight.

And So is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

-Threnodies 8.13

New Poll

Shady Meetings, Honor | 9:44
as played by ANGEL

26" posts

group

Warrior
The loud chatter of the tavern was making the pounding in his head worse, and for every increase in of the pain, he took yet another drink. It helped to dull the ache enough so that he could think for at least half a second. For fuck’s sake how had the Commander dealt with this on top of the world literally falling down around them? Diedrich let out a sound that was similar to a growl as he raised a hand to rub at his eyes. He’d parted ways with Quirin briefly, promising to keep in touch as well as he could. He needed to get a damn dog, one that could easily track his brother down. Although, him being a red templar helped. Just follow the screams of “off with his head” and he was sure to find him again.

The tavern was, in all honesty, disgusting and reminded him of the Hanged Man back home. It was bittersweet. He hated home, and yet places like this always seemed to bring comfort because of their familiarity. The dust combined with ale, piss, and blood made him feel at home. Diedrich was sure that said something negative about himself, but he honestly didn't give a rat's ass about that either. Another wave of pain hit him, followed by a gnawing hunger he could seem to satisfy, and he growled once more, letting his hand drop to take hold of his mug. He brought it up to his lips, downing the rest of the amber liquid.

The table shifted as someone sat down across from him, and Diedrich sighed into the mug as his throat burned pleasantly from the alcohol. Whatever snapped retort he was going to say to the person to get them to leave him the hell alone died the moment he got a good look at the other person. Holy hell. He blinked a few times, glancing down at his mug briefly, accusingly, before turning his gaze back to his newly appointed guest.

"I should get drunk more often if it brings about pretty faces such as yourself." Diedrich pushed the mug away, eying the woman across from him. Fuck. She was someone he never expected to see again, hell as far as he knew no one had seen her after the events of the Winter's Palace.

HONOR TREVELYAN
May 4 2017, 05:37 AM
as played by cherith

130" posts

group

Rogue
The large tree behind the tavern split near the base, two large trunks leaning nearly parallel to the ground on either side. Honor watched the furry backside of a bear clamber up one of the trunks and nestle into the next split in the branches. Bauble let out a groaning sound that was half-yawn, half-dismissal. The night was coming on and once she'd situated herself in the tree, Honor could barely see her beneath the foliage. Anyone venturing behind the bar for a bit of relief wasn't likely to spy the sleeping bear unless they were really looking. And if they were, they deserved whatever earful they heard from Bauble in exchange.

"I'll bring you some breakfast if you want," Honor said as she walked away. She wasn't so far she couldn't hear the affirmative grunt from Bauble before she reached the corner of the tavern. On her way to the front of the building, she pulled down the shirt sleeve she had rolled up over the length of her hooked forearm. The hook kept people from looking too closely at her, but the intricate scroll work along her metallic forearm stood out. It was pretty, delicate and spoke to riches she didn't have any longer.

When she pulled open the front door, the sudden wave of sound was a little overwhelming. After days and weeks of nobody's company but Bauble's, even a small group could feel like a lot. She'd not yet gotten over the expectations of hearing her name from every corner of every tavern she walked into either. It was good people no longer know her on sight anymore, and it wasn't really the recognition she missed… but the lack of a reaction was just as much a reminder of what she'd once had.

He's not hard to spot once she actually takes a moment to look around. She'd heard rumors of course, that's what'd brought her out this far, but even still Diedrich stands out in this crowd. Without a word, she invites herself into an empty seat as his table, leaning back as she sits. She knew the sort of woman she looked like, the changes to her appearance beyond the missing forearm: her skin darker from the days and weeks in the sun, her hair sun-lightened, curly and wind-blown. Her leathers had seen better days, better months, but she couldn't afford to look like she had her life together. Every time she met someone, every time she ventured into a place like this, she was aware of the person she used to be -- that was the woman people are looking for. And she couldn't be her anymore.

Even for an old friend. Especially then. She couldn't expect anyone was still on her side.

She chuckled. "I think you say that to all the women." A wink. "Though maybe you'll wish I'd sat somewhere else in a moment or two."

With a sigh she lifted her hooked hand to a passing barmaid. "Ale, please and another for my friend."

May 8 2017, 06:45 PM
as played by ANGEL

26" posts

group

Warrior
Well, she certainly wasn't wrong. Diedrich wasn't about to lie about the fact that he used charm on almost every woman he stumbled across, even the bar maiden that Honor had flagged down to bring them ale. It was apparent on the woman's face when she moved her gaze from Honor to him and that faint blush crept along her pale skin before she scrambled off to carry out Honor’s request. Diedrich had to bite back an amused chuckle, and turned his blue gaze to Honor. She was different, more rugged, like she'd seen some shit and lived to tell about it--and she had. He'd seen first hand the shit she'd been through and quite honestly he couldn't fathom how she was still sane. A sigh slipped past his lips, and he raised a hand to rub at his face, sliding his fingers through his hair before letting his hand drop to the table. Diedrich raised a finger, fixing Honor with a stare.

”If you came here to ask me to help you fight some ancient darkspawn hellbent on destroying the world--again--I’m gonna need more than a bat of those lashes and a drink. Maybe a few hundred drinks and a blow job or two.”

Diedrich was never one to be politically correct or even polite. It didn't matter who he was speaking to and it normally left his brother's having aneurysms. Honor had been no different. Even when she became the Inquisitor. It certainly hadn’t been a problem then and if it was a problem now, he'd deal with it. Probably with more snarky retorts and an attitude that one day will probably get him killed or at least severely maimed.

”So,” Diedrich spoke, picking up the ale as maiden returned to give them their drinks. He raised the mug into the air, hesitating briefly as he raised a brow at her. ”You gonna bat those eyelashes or…”

He took a drink of the ale, watching Honor with an amused curve of his lips. Of course, they both knew that it was a long shot that he wouldn’t help her. Honor was in no way a damsel in distress and certainly didn’t need saving, but she’d earned his respect. And maybe, he might even like her.
Jun 29 2017, 09:39 AM
as played by cherith

130" posts

group

Rogue
With the tip of her hook Honor pulled her drink closer, barely a glance given to the barmaid who had quickly scurried away after depositing both mugs on the table. The metal was dark and she could see the stirrings of wear on it from one too many strikes having left an impression. With the mug within easy reach of her full arm, she slipped a hand around the cool metal and took a drink. Her brows raised at Diedrich's accusing finger, smiling as her mug returned to the table.

"I could, if you wish, lie. I've been told I'm very good." After all, she'd been missing for months and no one had found her, or even come close to assuming she was the Herald of Andraste, the betrayed and disappointing savior of them all.

Her smile faded into a solemn, concerned innocence and she focused the softness of that expression on Diedrich, dark eyes meeting his. She leaned in, one forearm on the table, fingers stretching for the cloth of his sleeve. Her hook pushed back a frizzy mess of curls from her face and tucked a collection behind her ear. "I'm not here to ask anything of the sort from you. I only thought you might have missed me." She batted her eyelashes for innocent emphasis, letting a slow smile curl her lips. She walked her fingers up his forearm and let her voice drop to a seductive whisper. "In fact, I'm here to whisk you away to an opulent house with the largest softest bed we can find. We'll lock ourselves in a room and you'll be showered with all the lavish personal attention you could ever possibly want."

It was needless frivolity to tease him and she knew it. Rarely did she have the opportunity these days to engage with anyone though, let alone with someone she might still be able to call a friend. It was a kind of comfort in itself to be able to fall back into that easy banter, to apply a little smolder for the fun of it, and not necessity.

She leaned back and gave him a broader grin. "How was that?" Honor sat up straighter, pulling her hand back and taking another drink. "Some of the finer details still need to be worked out, but there is a fancy house involved and the need to be found in some potentially interesting situations by the staff -- with varying degrees of situational authenticity up for discussion." She shrugged. "There will also be some danger and it might be in the great interest of saving the world, but you know… that's just like… a Tuesday."
Jul 1 2017, 11:49 PM
as played by ANGEL

26" posts

group

Warrior
A brow lifted, and his lips curved into a smirk as Honor's fingers walked up his arm. The endless possibilities that ran through his mind were very enticing and if anyone else had spoken those words to them he probably would have jumped at the chance to bring them to fruition. Diedrich respected Honor more than that, however, not saying that he wouldn't be the first on his feet if she actually told him to get his ass into her bed.

"Still have the same fantastic charm. Were you practicing just for me?" Diedrich purred as she pulled away. Licking his lips, he picked up his drink to take a long swig as she continued on her little speech. It sounded promising, and would no doubt bring about some fun tales to be told for years to come. After all, nothing was ever boring with Honor. From giant holes to the sky to darkspawn to elven gods bent on destroying the world.

"Sounds fun, where do I sign up?" A formality only. If Honor was asking him, that meant that he was already welcome in her circle of friends that she was collecting. That made him feel a little smug that Honor thought so much of him. Diedrich released a breath, returning his gaze back down to his cup of ale. His brow creased in pain momentarily, and he brought the mug back to his lips to gulp down a mouthful.

"Although I should warn you, I'm a little more cranky than normal. And may have to run off without a word to take care of some...things." It wasn't as if Diedrich didn't trust Honor, it was the complete opposite really, she was probably one of the very few people that he did trust. But his brother's condition was not something he wanted to talk about in a crowded place like this.

"But don't worry, I'll make sure to at least leave a note somewhere for you to find." Diedrich winked at her, taking another drink. He folded his hands together, resting them on the table as he leaned towards her. His brow arched slightly as he waited for her response.
Dec 8 2017, 11:25 AM
as played by cherith

130" posts

group

Rogue
"Well, there's no one I'm going to find on the road quite like you," she whispered. "If I'm better than before, perhaps I just wasn't as motivated as I am now." Her smile dropped into a soft pout. "Or perhaps I've just been lonely out on the road… alone."

Which was true. Bauble was company, but the large bear she'd somehow acquired as a companion wasn't necessarily talkative. A great listener though, interjecting her own sort of commentary as Honor rambled about one thing or another during their travels. Honor had to admit she'd grown accustomed to a certain kind of life, a certain kind of availability in her time as Inquisitor. She missed it.

She missed a lot of things.

Her arm itched and she looked down at her hook. Yeah, she missed many things about those days.

Even, the sketchy, pompous, attractive man sitting just within reach. There was a kind of appeal in familiarity alone. And in the precious time she had to herself.

"There's no official application, you've said the words. That's all I need." She shrugged. "A little more informal than the old days. Can't really afford more than that now. Never know who's watching…" Cocking her head the side, her brow furrowed and she shuddered a little as she realized that he could be watching. The truth was she didn't know what he was capable of, not entirely. And he'd been powerful and strange before she'd learned the truth.

"Well, I do -- but there must be limits." I hope.

Honor has wondered what Diedrich had been up to in his absence. It was impossible to keep tabs on everyone with the Inquisition officially disbanded. She had a network of informants, sure, but even then there were priorities. She hadn't known where to find him until she turned her attention to learning that information. There was a distance in the way he looked at her, memories trapped behind that cocky grin.

"Sure. I'm not so hard to find either, now that you know. There's a Commander in the south, I keep in touch with. He'll know what to do, when you're ready."

She took a long drink and empty the tankard. She leaned in as he did, stopping inches from Diedrich's face. "Now. That invitation about the house… compromising situations and a little adventure? That was a real invitation. If you're not doing anything with your evening?"
Dec 16 2017, 01:59 AM
as played by ANGEL

26" posts

group

Warrior
It was a common fact that despite being a templar he held no real ill will towards the buggers. Minus a few exceptions--like fucking bastard that blew up a god damn city and the creepy bastard that took off with Honor's arm. Diedrich had found him sketchy at best. The amount of power he possessed alone caused his skin to crawl and he'd kept a close eye on him. Not that many people noticed, in fact not many people noticed how well he paid attention. To most, he was merely the drunken, pissy templar. He was fine with that title, it kept people away from him.

"Don't worry, milady, I'll keep the scary mages away from you." He winked at her before he took another drink. Diedrich had barely swallowed before he choked on the drink. Fucking Hell, of course the commander was still a playing card in Honor's hand.

Oh sure, I'm sure he'd be just ecstatic to see me. Should I bring him a gift basket?" Diedrich sighed, staring down at his now empty cup with an annoyed frown. Okay, so it wasn't as if Cullen hated hom--hw thought--but if there was one man in this world he actually feared, it would most likely be him.

Diedrich's brow rose slowly, and he raised his head to meet Honor's gaze with a lopsided grin. He wasn't exactly a religious man persay, but Maker's Breath she was a beautiful woman. With the sarcasm and wit to go with it. He reached out, taking hold of her chin to briefly run his thumb along her soft lower lip.

"Anything I might have had planned pales in comparison to your offer. You lead the way and I'll follow...very...very closely." The view would be very nice from where he was standing. If he were a fine upstanding gentleman he most likely wouldn't even dream of reaching out to touch it either. Luckily for himself, and Honor, he was nothing of the sort. Besides, he was pretty certain she'd be disappointed if he didn't make at least some sort of pass at her.
Dec 26 2017, 10:15 PM
as played by cherith

130" posts

group

Rogue
She'd had little doubt that Diedrich would be on her side but days and friends being what they were, it was difficult to predict anything for certain. Had she not found him or convinced him, she would've had to find another way to work out this evening's adventure, but it would've been far less fun. And potentially far less productive. Without the proper distraction, she might not get the same amount of information she was hoping for out of the evening.

A longer term commitment from Diedrich in her search for Solas, well, she wasn't going to snub her nose at that either. Solas would hopefully underestimate her ability to gain and keep friends after the Inquisition's disbanding. She'd put real effort into making the fallout of that look as shitty as possible. Having a few remaining contacts scattered from one end of Thedas to the other was certainly helping sell her efforts.

"Only if you want to," Honor said. "I'm certainly not capable of footing the bill the way I once was, however." She sighed. Yeah, she hated to admit that stung, but it did. Living on her own these last few months had proved just exactly she was capable of, and how little she could manage to do it with. The results were less than stellar, but she was managing.

The shiver that cascades down her back is involuntary, but it's a sorely missed sensation. The lengths she goes through to make herself get through town unnoticed is paying off, but it's wearing thin. Finding someone who appreciates the other assets she brings to the table is a seldom afforded luxury. As Diedrich pulled his thumb away, Honor let her teeth graze her bottom lip before curling her mouth into a smile.

"Excellent," she said, standing and stretching. "Then we should get going." She arched her back a little as she moved, more to shake off the temptation to take this little party of two somewhere more intimate now, rather than later. She grown more patient in recent months, but temptations have been rare. And she and Diedrich had flirted enough over the past couple years to make her incredibly curious.

She pushed those thoughts aside, with some hesitant effort, and met Diedrich's eyes. "We've got a party to attend." She gave him a once over, taking in his clothes. Had they been in Orlais, neither of them would've cut it, but this was Ferelden… she'd worn worse to better places. "Yeah, we'll make it work."
Jan 10 2018, 11:06 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
New Poll