Add Reply
New Poll

torn asunder [ c ], [ solas ] 9:41
ELLANA LAVELLAN
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 05:19 PM

The world was ending.

There was no other explanation for what was happening. The explosion that destroyed the Conclave and tore the sky open had left no survivors, leaving those who witnessed the awful event to wonder what they could do. What could do something like that? Was it magic? Could it have been something else? It mattered little what caused it if there was nothing that could be done to fix it. The small elf was lost to her thoughts, feet aimlessly carrying her around the paths of Haven, eyebrows pinched and bottom lip taken between her teeth.

What could possibly be done? Heaving a sigh, the mage finally pulled herself back into the present and surveyed her surroundings. Defeat already hung heavy in the air over Haven, those that sought refuge there already questioning whether or not they should leave. They had thought they were safe, but Have was no fortress; there was nothing to protect them from the demons that rained from the sky.

Wait. Blue eyes narrow as the elf rests her gaze on a male figure in the distance, curiosity slowly working across her features. Didn't she .. ? She knew him. It couldn't possibly be who she thought it was. Her footsteps are soft as she closes the distance between them, still uncertain that the man is truly who she believes he is until she finally get close.

"Solas!" The elf's voice sounds perhaps a tad too relieved for the situation unfolding around her, but she is willing to cling to any familiarity in a world that no longer makes sense. "What are you doing here?" Ellana pauses a healthy distance away, unwilling to crowd him just yet. "It's been sometime." Her lips pull into an easy smile as she allows herself to temporarily allow her guard to fall.
PM
^
SOLAS
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:53 PM
rama
9 posts
appears 44 years
Mage

A hand rests over his mouth, eyes narrowed at the sky. While everyone around them counted the hours before their supposed end of days, Solas had other ideas. There had to be a way to tame this. Not just stall it, but close it, end it. He knew what he needed but there was nothing to be done about that -- his foci was with Corypheus, and if word were to get out that the foci belonged to him that the end of the world was his doing?

He imagined the Seeker and her people would see him executed for it.

Lost in thought, he barely notices the sound of someone on the approach, his ears twitching only when the crunch of snow became loud and Her voice cut through the clamor of his mind. "Hm?" The sound is quiet as he looks to see her, bright eyes and curious, an easy smile gracing her lips. Even Solas can't help but hide some of his own excitement, brows rising to take in the sight of her. "Ellana." He says with more surprise than he expected. Her being here seemed... well, like Fate, if he wanted to believe in such things.

His brows lower over his eyes as he takes a few steps to close the distance, staying at about arms length. It was odd, seeing her outside of her clan. He always thought that she... was so connected to her clan, it was part of her identity, as it was with most Dalish. They were so much a part of her, it seemed odd to see her without. Grey eyes wash over her before returning to her face, "What are you doing here?" His tone... was harsher than he wanted it to be - something that was happening to him a lot recently. A soft shake of his head followed by a hand extending to take hers, in some sort of bastardized greeting.

"Forgive me, a familiar face is very welcome." He says, attempting to smile at her. His hands held one of hers before releasing it. gaze almost returning to the wound in the sky out of habit. Solas only wished this reunion had been one under better circumstance. "I assume you were here for the talks? I am glad you are not among... the departed." Brows pinch briefly before resting, a slight frown on his lips.

PM
^
ELLANA LAVELLAN
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 05:10 AM

What are you doing here? She doesn't flinch at the harshness of his question, often finding herself wondering the same thing after she had traveled all this distance. Keeper Deshanna had wanted her to spy on the Conclave -- to see what the humans would finally decide on in their war that continually interfered with their own way of life. The only reason that she didn't perish in the explosion that killed so many was simply because she had been running behind schedule.

Could it have been some divine intervention? The Creators looking down on her and guiding her from harm? Ellana wouldn't suggest herself special enough to finally get the Creators to answer their prayers once more, but the elf couldn't help but wonder what all of this meant. "Yes, Deshanna wanted to be kept aware of what the humans decided." Ellana's eyebrows pinch together in thought before her expression relaxed once more. "But it seems that things have only gotten worse."

Despite the dread that feels her stomach when she looks at the Breach, she can't keep herself from casting a quick glance to the swirling mass in the sky. It looks as if the sky itself has suffered a wound that had quickly begun to fester and rot, and the demons coming from it the infection as it threatens to spread its infliction to the rest of the world. "I'm glad to see that you weren't in harm's way either."

Her free hand moves to rest gently on top of his in a light hold to return the greeting. "But what are you doing here? The last time I saw you was in the Free Marches." Solas, unlikely as it was with his disdain for the Dalish, had become a friend of Clan Lavellan in his travels. A chance meeting years ago had crossed their paths seemingly for no reason, but here they were again. "I can only assume it has something to do with your vast wealths of knowledge."

Ellana's smile is uncertain as she moves to fold her arms just beneath her breasts. "I'm trying to gather as much information as I can. I need to report back to the clan so they know what is happening." Not that anyone seemed to know for certain -- but something was better than nothing.

PM
^
SOLAS
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 10:36 PM
rama
9 posts
appears 44 years
Mage

Ah, Deshanna. Solas shouldn't be surprised, and he gives a knowing nod as she speaks. His time with Clan Lavellan had been... a strange one, but an eye opening experience nonetheless. They had taken him in at his weakest and eased him back on his feet, seeing him off when he was ready. He and Deshanna had had many debates together, she being one of few that would indulge his... teachings. While he left them on rather good terms, it was every clan he encountered after them that proved to be more and more tumultuous. One after another he was shunned from the Dalish, chased from their lands by some, for the blasphemy he supposedly spoke. What they did not know was he spoke the truth - they were just too blind and ignorant to see it.

He hoped she was well, all the same.

With the question now turned on him, Solas sighs, his eyes returning to the Breach, "How could I not? In truth I thought it wise to be close, to hear news of the Conclave. Instead... we have chaos." He says simply, though his answer is hardly simple. Ellana had been... the spark. Something in her had drawn him to her and the two had found themselves up at late hours discussing magic and how he traveled the Fade. She had been fascinated with him, and he... well, he too, found himself enraptured by her innocence and curiosity. So blind to the horrors of the world, only because she could not see them. "I only hope I can aid them. But with each passing moment, I fear nothing will work. It seems to grow... stronger? If such a thing is true. If not stronger, wider." And there is pain in his voice. The world is bleeding and he only wishes to see her healed. At least before he has way.

Solas mimics her and rests his hands against his lower back, thumb and index finger rubbing together briefly as he listens. Ellana was meant to be Clan Lavellan's eyes and ears - eventually, she was going to need to report back; or return to her people. "What have you heard thus far then? Perhaps we can exchange notes." There is almost a joking tone to what he says, but he tries to remain serious. With how many have been lost, it seems hardly appropriate to make jokes.

PM
^
ELLANA LAVELLAN
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 12:37 PM

Chaos was one way to put the horror they were currently living through. Blue eyes turn towards the breach once more, wary as they stare at it - nearly hoping that it would simply close itself and that this nightmare would end. So many lives had been sacrificed, but for what cause? Surely there was nothing to gain from throwing the world into another unnecessary war; the Blight hadn't ended all that long ago. "Do you truly think there is anything that can be done?" When Ellana looks to Solas once more, there is no longer the soft light of optimism that had been there moments earlier.

"There's magic to it; raw and unnerving. Has anyone spoken as to what could have done this?" There was something off about looking into the green depths of the swirling mass -- something that left the elf feeling uncertain and as if the world would be yanked out from under her feet at any moment. For a moment, she felt as if she would fall upwards and into it, swallowed whole and never seen again. She shakes her head and forces herself to look away from it lest she find her sudden fear becoming reality.

When Solas questions what she has heard, Ellana can't help but give a soft huff of laughter. "Most of what I hear is gossip. They seem incredibly reluctant to offer me any details when they see the point of my ears and the tattoos on my face." It wasn't often that clan Lavellan dared to travel past the Free Marches, and even more rare that they went out of their way to near human settlements; her presence here was an outlier that would likely not be repeated.

"However," she continues. "it seems everyone is currently busy trying to place the blame on mages -- as if they would have the power to do something like .. this." Her hand lifts and motions towards the breach, obviously unamused and unconvinced by the idea. "There's magic but .. it's different. I've heard people talking about red lyrium. What does that mean?"

PM
^
SOLAS
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 11:28 PM
rama
9 posts
appears 44 years
Mage

Do you truly think there is anything that can be done?

Yes, he did. No, he wouldn't tell her. Too dangerous, not enough trust - a valuable commodity in this new age he found himself in. Perhaps... in time? He could find it in himself to trust her... Ah, it didn't matter. She continues to speak, pointing out the potential of it, the magic of it. Part of him smirks, feels a bit of pride. Sounds a bit like him when she talks like that, reminding him of their conversations back in her clan. However it seemed inappropriate to linger on this thought for long, and he was promptly drawing his attention back to what she was saying.

"I'm not sure if there is anything we can do," he begins, "But in truth, we have to try, don't we?" He says, feigning a bit of hope. What good would the world be if everyone rolled over and let the Breach take them? It would certainly make his plans easier for the future, but even he wanted to see the world give a fighting chance before hand. So far, he was no that impressed with what they were giving him.

This, the bias against her for being Dalish, did not surprise him. "Humans don't seem to put much stock in elves, that much has not changed." He replies, rather solemn and almost a little bitter. The Fall of Arlathan has always left a sour taste in his mouth about humans - what they did to his people, sadly coupled with what he did... well, equal blame where blame is due. However, he still found himself angry with the treatment of his people then, and even now. The way elves were treated was poor, but... they let it happen to themselves, if he was being completely honest.

She was right however, and mages were the easiest target to blame. "Given that it is magic, in feeling and presence, it's not a fair reach to assume that mages could have done this." He allows himself to agree with the rumors for now - know that isn't exactly the case. If the word got out that it was elvhen in design, the foci, he was worried they might turn an angry eye from mages and turn it on the elves - the worst case scenario if you asked him. "As for the red lyrium? I am afraid I don't know." What was Red lyrium seemed to be the million dollar question - something he intended to study and find out.

"You'll be staying for some time still, yes?" He dares to ask, turning the subject away from the Breach, "I would very much like the chance to sit down with you once again, perhaps talk about your studies?" Obviously not... so soon, and he hoped that was an unspoken contingency. Right now the world was burning, there were other things to tend to.

ooc: god this reply was all over the place, sorry

PM
^
ELLANA LAVELLAN
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 01:22 PM

We have to try, don't we? There is something about the way he says those words that fills the small elf with a momentary hope. Even though it looked as if the world was ending, that the sky itself was falling down on their heads, hope remained. That was the only way that they were going to survive this; to try against all odds until they succeeded or it killed them. "You're right. All we can do is try." Ellana's sigh is soft as it escapes her, her gaze falling to the ground as she allowed herself to become lost in thought.

Disappointment was quick to wash over her when her companion admitted that he had no idea what to make of the red lyrium. It wasn't that she had expected him to have an answer, but he possessed such a vast wealth of knowledge that she had hoped the mage would have some inkling as to what they were dealing with. Ellana turns her attention from the ground and to Solas once more when he asks whether or not she will be staying. The mage's smile is small as she gives a nod of confirmation. "For the moment, this is where I need to be."

When she learned everything that she could, she would take her leave from Haven and return to the Free Marches. Reports were flooding in from the surrounding areas that smaller rifts had opened and continued to allow more and more demons through -- what if such a rift occurred near her clan? The thought sent a shiver down her spine that she fought to suppress, though the look on her face made it obvious she was bothered by something. Fortunately, Solas would speak up once more and pull her from the dark thoughts that threatened to overtake her. "It would be a pleasure to sit and talk of my studies with you again..."

Her voice trailed at the sound of approaching footsteps, blue eyes darting to glance in the direction of the approaching Inquisition scout. "But we'll have plenty of time for that as long as the world doesn't end." The elf breathes in through her nose and gives the mage before her one last smile. "Find me later? When you're free. It was lovely to see you again."

PM
^
SOLAS
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 01:50 PM
rama
9 posts
appears 44 years
Mage

[ x ] There is something in the way she looks at him that he feels able to read her mind. Expressive is a word that comes to mind - her brows, her lips, the way her eyes shine or don't. She was a mirror of her emotions and sometimes he found it hard to keep up. What it must be like to flit from thought to thought, emotion to emotion. Everything in his life was slow, every choice something he could sit and wait on. Now, this world was fast. Demanding action and thoughts to happen now now now. Even if he could not tell, he thought he must be doing the same. He had to.

"I'll find you," he promises, the words fall so easy from his lips, he feels almost shocked by it. How natural the words sound, how earnest. His hand briefly moves to touch his chest, the feeling of his heart leaping forward startling - an action easily played off by the brush of his hand, as if he noticed something there. The sound of crunching boots pulls him from the distraction in his chest, glancing towards them. He was being summoned, that much was obvious before they event approached. "Once I am done with them, perhaps... we can meet after dinner? Something other than talk about he end times will do me some good, and you I believe as well."

Solas places a hesitant and tentative hand on her shoulder, doing his best to seem... supportive. Everyone feared the sky would fall apart at any moment - and he worried of it, too. The scout fell in line and waited for Solas to finish bidding Ellana farewell, giving a halfhearted bow when he turned to face them. "Solas, the leadership would like to speak to you. It's about... the Breach." One final look is given to Ellana, a nod and a reassuring smile, before he gestures for the scout to lead. There was much to do, and if he was going to help them, there were things that needed to begin falling into place immediately.

He only hoped it would be enough.

END

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND