#18 - Life, uh, Finds a Way, chock full of dino-DNA
ANDRASTE♕
 Posted: Jun 9 2015, 07:00 PM
STAFF
237 posts
♕ years
Warrior

Announcement #18: June 2015
According to the snake calendar on my wall, it's June! So I bring you an update of epic-ish proportions. Unlike updates in the past few months, this one should be pretty short but I'm not making any real promises in the first paragraph that way lies madness. Let's just say we have less updates this month but they're good updates, yeah?

First and as always, this month's update comes with an assignment for all of you. Once you've read the whole update leave me a comment below leaving me a link to your current favorite thread (yours or someone else's) on Unbound. You don't have to tell us why you like it, unless you want to.

There will be some other things in this update where other comments might be welcome, so keep an eye out for those too.

▶ Next up, Characters! Unfortunately, we've lost a few members recently and in addition, we also archived a few characters due to inactivity. (Remember to post in our absence thread if you're going to be gone, especially if it's for an extended period of time. Brush up on activity guidelines in our rules, here.)

This means that we have a few more canons up for grabs on Unbound like Dorian Pavus, Lavellan, & Empress Celene. You can check out the Canons page for others that are available.

Special shoutout to our new Cullen, played by Captain! Welcome Captain, thanks for taking on our special lion man.

▶ Thirdly! Related to our conversation on characters, but important enough for its own bullet point is this announcement! Unbound is reopening the role of Hawke. Our previous Hawke has been gone awhile now and as we want to move forward into Skyhold soon, we thought it was a good time to open the role back up.

Now, since our Hawke's choices are already set and will affect characters and choices in Inquisition, the person taking that role must remember those decisions in their roleplay. That said, we welcome people to change up who Hawke was in terms of gender and class/specializations. We will still allow challenges on the Hawke role like any other canon, so if you're interested, please hit up the reserve on that Canons page to let us know you're going for it.

▶ Since I mentioned Skyhold, let's talk about the Fall of Haven. In last month's update we talked about wanting to gear up for an event surrounding the Fall of Haven. This will hopefully propel our Inquisition forces out of Haven and into Skyhold where we can open up more War Table missions and push our timeline further into the future. However, considering our current number of Inquisition canon characters, we think it might be a good idea to hold off on this for a little bit longer.

However, until we're ready for it we welcome ideas on what you all would like to see for this event. You can let us know here or send Andraste a PM and give us your ideas.

NEAT SITE CHANGES
▶ First on the new item menu: Andraste's Image Services. If you want an image update for your character, or need some assistance of a graphical variety, you can head over to our request thread and one of the admins will assist you.

▶ Next up, as we were doing some board clean-up, your friendly neighborhood admins realized that our games section hasn't had a reboot in basically…. Forever. So we're cleaning out the games and starting fresh! We want to see your special, shining faces in there, so we'll be starting up some of our favorites again as well as adding some new ones. If you've got a forum game you'd like to add, please do!

▶ Group chat! With so many new faces we'd like to open up some discussions and a group chat area so we can get to know you better while still leaving our cbox some breathing room. To fulfill this purpose we've got two cool things.

Thing A. We're going to open an Unbound group chat on Skype. This is completely optional and is for text-chat only. We've got a thread here where you can leave us your Skype name if you'd like to be added. Even for those of you we may already have added on Skype, we won't add you to the group unless you comment in that thread.

Thing B. Discussiony things. For the longest time now, we've had one big spoilery Inquisition thread over in the chat area for people to talk about Inquisition things. That's fun and all but there's so many things to talk about we can't possibly fit them all into one thread. So. We'd like to encourage people to branch out and start up other conversations about Dragon Age.

To start, we've opened up a thread for people to start talking about their favorite Inquisitor.

▶ Lastly (for now), we want you all to start getting excited about September. In September, Unbound will finally reach the ripe old age of three! For our anniversary, we hope to have a bright, shiny new look for Unbound to show you all. We won't be making any big changes just yet but we're already thinking about some other things we can improve/streamline around here. And again, this is where you all come in. We're hoping with the group chat and updates like this one, that you guys can give us your ideas too. You're always free to throw things at the Feedback thread as well.

One of the first things we'll be taking a look at is the list of nations/forum regions we have and which are being used and which ones aren't. In the next month, we'll be trimming down on areas that aren't being used or combining areas that make more sense to stick together than keep separate. Let us know if you have thoughts about specific regions we should keep, toss or combine.

That's it! You made it to the end, congratulations. Give yourself a pat on the back and then leave your assignment in the box below.

[t-rex screeches]

~The Staff

FOR BOARD, MEMBER, CHARACTER CONCERNS PLEASE PM THIS ACCOUNT
PMEmail
^
JOSEPHINE MONTILYET
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 02:14 AM

The Light of Hope
I just dig both Honorah and Issala, so this thread appeals to me on many levels.
^
ACELINE ROCHEV
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 02:51 AM

SEASICK with Calpernia and Livia
Keywords: Tevinter, mages, girlcrush, blood mage, Venatori, girlcrush, girlcrush and finally girlcrush
^
LOUIS MONTEFIORI
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 11:38 AM

I'm going to echo those same sentiments and nominate this one, because = villains. Pretty, pretty villains.
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 02:15 PM
Hez
90 posts
31 years
Rogue

Rude Interruptions. Just because they're both being cute and confused and it's fun to mess with their heads.
PM
^
MHAIRI
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 05:21 PM
Cherith
7 posts
30 years

Breaking Fast & Freedom aka Warden Nerds with Mhairi and Toran.
PM
^
CALLIDAN THORNE
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 06:59 PM

Cat and Mouse A game of hot-potato/nug between a thief and a guard. What's not to love?
^
ARI
 Posted: Jun 10 2015, 07:31 PM
0 posts
years
ARI

Too many good ones. I hate choosing.

I am finding this one entertaining though: How (Not) to Pick a Lock
^
BEATRIX
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 01:12 AM
CRIM
55 posts
37 years
Rogue

I'm following this - I loved Calpernia's story but I don't see her often in-game.

Conversely, this thread is adorable.

I can never pick just one thing I'm the worst.
PM
^
BOOT
 Posted: Jun 13 2015, 01:40 PM
0 posts
years

Breaking Fast and Freedom

Nerds. The both of em. Also, sorry for absence. Finally caught up with work work AND emails, so posts should start showing up.
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Jun 16 2015, 04:50 AM

When I pop my head out from all the work I have to do, I'm reading this;

bebs

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND