Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#25 - The New Year Awakens, That's not how the Force works!
ANDRASTE♕
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 12:55 AM
STAFF
237 posts
♕ years
Warrior

Chewie, we're home

The new year is like the Force... awakening.

▶ The new year also comes with our shortest update to date, probably. I don't have any scientific evidence, so just go with me on that.

▶ Thing the first: As we expected, December was a slower month for us than usual. That's cool, we're considering December like a bye month for the whole board. However, for January, normal activity rules will apply. We'll be doing an activity check around the 30th of January. Please make sure you comment in the absences post if you're going to be away (or comment/edit a comment if you've posted there recently) and make sure to give an expected return date.

▶ Thing the second: Once we've updated activity at the end of the month, we'll be ready for WINTER PALACE. Tentatively, we hope to just move right into the next event starting February 1st. If something keeps us from that date, we'll let you know, but I doubt it.

▶ Thing the third & last: I'll be retiring the fancy winter themed snowy background/skin at the end of January. If you have interest in a similarly light-colored skin for the site, let me know below and I'll work up a modification. Otherwise, it'll just be the other five you've come to know and love.

That's it! But... before you go, comment down below and tell us if you made any resolutions for 2016 (you don't have to share 'em if you don't want).

~The Staff

BUT WAIT.... there's more
So I lied, this update is getting a little longer. I've done two cool things to the board.

▶ New thing the first: There's a tiny link for news at the top of the board. This will change whenever new announcements are made, so in theory, we can make more-mini kind of updates and you can see when they change. This might help me more than you... but I think it's cool.

▶ Thing the second (and I think you're gonna like it a lot): I've turned on the alert system for the board. Sounds scary, but it's actually really cool. You can now @ reply someone on the board and they'll get an alert. If you look at the bottom bar of the board, there's an ALERTS (0) link. Now, say if I was writing a new post I could write @ [Artemis Cousland] and it'll appear as ARTEMIS COUSLAND and Loot should get an alert on her main account. (You do not need to use the brackets for character names that are single words.) That alert link will take you to an alert page that shows you all the alerts you might get. Alerts also happen if someone ads you as a buddy in the messaging system, and if someone replies to one of your posts.

If you use subaccounts... which I think most of us with multiple characters do, the alerts will go to whichever character is your main account. You change change this (and any alert settings) in your control panel under alert settings.

It's pretty simple to use, but I think it'll really make replying to posts and tagging people in new threads really nice. Play around and see if you like it!

FOR BOARD, MEMBER, CHARACTER CONCERNS PLEASE PM THIS ACCOUNT
PMEmail
^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 01:04 AM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

important star wars footage:

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 09:33 AM

I am so excite for the Winter Palace. Also my new years resolution is to get in shape for my trip to Disney World at the end of the year. So if I disappear it is because I died, because I am a weakling that is going to push herself like crazy.
^
MATEO LAVOIE
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 09:47 AM

I don't have any resolutions, really. I love the winter skins, so it would be nice to have one if possible :D
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 11:46 AM
Hez
92 posts
31 years
Rogue

My (just decided now) resolution is to have made actual progress on my book, if not finish it.
PM
^
JOSEPHINE MONTILYET
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 12:04 PM

My resolution is to finish my grad school apps~
^
VALIANT
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 12:06 PM

I never actually made a New Years resolution. So uh, oops?
^
ARTEMIS COUSLAND
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 01:28 PM

Winter palacce. Also my new years resolution is to learn german and learn it well.
^
ASHER COGHLAN
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 02:40 PM
birthe
150 posts
41 years
Mage

woooo update! my new years resolution was basically just to continue with regular exercise and healthy eating, though I made a pseudo post-new years resolution with my friend to start cooking more vegetarian/vegan food now and then to cut down on meat consumption, and also to learn new, healthy recipes.

also: I really liked the light skin! so if it's possible, I'd love to see a similar one after the winter one has been retired.
PM
^
NIAMH SURANA
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 08:15 PM
CRIM
133 posts
28 years
Mage

I've never actually made resolutions before, not my thing.

Also, I generally find darker layouts easier on my eyes.
PM
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Jan 10 2016, 06:26 AM

I guess my unofficial resolution is to be less shit but y'know, i'm almost expert level at that so...that's why it's 'unofficial.'

Also buffness. I'm gonna get buff(er ;D) and tough and fight bears/sharks and the patriarchy, so...pretty standard.

I did like and make use of the winter skin but like i said before FALLOW MIRE IS WHERE IT'S AT, SON.
^
DORIAN PAVUS
 Posted: Jan 10 2016, 11:45 AM

Yes winter palace!

Err, don't usually do resolutions but for me I guess it would be to slowly shift to a diet of purely seafood. I only eat like, two seafood and that's Cod and Salmon so PROGRESS.

And as for new webskin, well anything that's easy on the eyes really.

^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Jan 10 2016, 12:33 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

Please read the updated post for new cool additions.

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ACELINE ROCHEV
 Posted: Jan 10 2016, 06:28 PM

I'm super contrarian and think New Years Resolutions are dumb. Working on my regular improving life stuff.

Also hello I am back 8D
^
JARON SINDRI
 Posted: Jan 11 2016, 01:12 AM

Omigawd, I'm super pumped for Winter Palace shenanigans! :D As for New Years resolutions, it sort of snuck up on me and I completely forgot to even make some resolutions. Ah well, there's always next year.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND