Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

#34 - Backstreets Back, Alright, it's a big one
DINAH
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 07:17 PM
0 posts
years

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year

As you might have noticed, this is not your usually scheduled Cherith announcement. After some talk and the departure of Angel, I have graciously accepted my old position of administrator. A thousand thank yous to Cherith for keeping this crazy train chugging along when my whole life felt like it was flying off the rails. It has made coming back to you all such a wonderful homecoming and I can't wait to ring in the new year with all of you.

With that said, I hope you all had a fabulous holiday season! Between Halloween, Nanowrimo, finals, Thanksgiving and December holidays it's been crazy, but now we're ready to shake off the holiday funk and get going! There have been some changes already and many more on the way, but hopefully we can keep the impact on you guys as minimal as possible, while reinvigorating ourselves for 2017 and beyond.

Perhaps the most noticeable and painful change we've seen recently, is the departure of Angel and Zoshka. Their contributions to Unbound, both as members and staff, have been so appreciated and we wish them both the best. Hopefully one day their situations will allow them to return to us!

Despite the loss, however, Cherith, Cat, Crim and I are all dedicated to pressing forward. Here are some talking points we wish to discuss with you:

Skype to Discord: Following some technical issues and to make things easier for members to join and participate in group chats, we've decided to disband the Skype chat to a more reliable and versatile platform called Discord. The link to join can be found here: UNBOUND DISCORD CHANNEL. This will eventually take the place of the cbox as well since the cbox is so under utilized.

Activity: It's been a slow holiday season, no doubt about that and something that is always expected, but 2016 has been particularly brutal for a lot of us. While activity checks have been lax in light of this, we feel that this is no longer sustainable in the long run. A large portion of characters have been inactive for over the usual activity window of 30 days, many over three months, and even some beyond that.

Understandably, with real life and member departures, characters entwined with ours might not be around anymore, which uproots established plots and ships and makes adjusting difficult. We naturally don't want to penalize anyone for this, but would like something to show that you are still interested in moving forward with that character. To do so, we have two options for characters who have had an IC post since the beginning of October:
    Option #1: Complete a one-shot with your character and post it in your development forum. Title your one-shot whatever you like, but in the thread description please include the note [ACTIVITY INTEREST]. This one-shot should be at least 500 words, but can be able anything you feel is relevant to your character's growth or plot.

Option #2: Post a starter anywhere in the current IC forums (past, AU, correspondence and charades are excluded) and complete a solo-thread utilizing the random event multi-mod. An admin will give you an event to react to and will participate in an NPC capacity. As with normal threads there is no word count, but the NPC response may vary depending on the direction the thread takes. In your thread description please include the note [ACTIVITY INTEREST] and tag Andraste so we know where the random event is needed.
These options are here in an effort to ensure we see real intent on behalf of the member to keep the character going, but also to give the member the flexibility to progress their character without feeling pressured to fill in the gaps left by members and characters who have idled out. These are great opportunities to rethink direction or get your character to a place where more plotting might be available. However these options are merely a temporary fix. Members will have their activity window "reset" and will, from the date of their one-shot or the first post of their random event thread, have 30 days to post their character with someone else. These options must be utilized by JANUARY 1ST or your character will be archived and claims released.

If neither of these options appeal, then members are welcome to drop characters as usual in the MODERATION THREAD. Characters who have not had an IC post in October, November or December will be archived and claims released following this announcement. As usual archived characters can be retrieved in the moderation thread and are subject to the usual restrictions.

Going Forward: With the new year upon us and four long years under our belt, Cat, Cherith and myself have decided a drastic change is needed to not only rejuvenate older members, but to also give old and new members a more diverse world to play their characters in beyond the constrictions of the current timeline. Most of all we hope to give a new opportunity for people to play through events that they might've missed in the older, linear timeline.

As of January 1st we will be moving the overall board timeline to 9:44, post Trespasser. In tandem with this change we will also be reformatting the IC forums to make the events of Origins, Dragon Age II and Inquisition available. This means a couple of things for current characters and anyone planning on making new ones:
    ▹The current world state and plot history of Tamar Aeducan and Ketena Hawke will be wiped as of this change. The roles of the Hero of Ferelden and the Champion of Kirkwall will be made available for people to pick up and reshape the history of Unbound anew. Certain portions of the world state will be set to ensure continuity between the three timelines, but all other canon decisions for each timeline will be up to the Hero, Champion, Inquisitor and their companions.

▹ As of the new current timeline, the following world state will reflect the decisions of Honor Trevelyan in the wake of the events of Inquisition and Trespasser.

One month after the defeat of Corypheus, the Chantry shocks the world by naming Vivienne as successor to the Sunburst Throne. Given the name Divine Victoria, she is the first mage to hold the position - and the uproar is immediate. Three revolts follow in quick succession, and her response is immediate and vicious. For months, chaos reigns. Some say it is only her warm relationship with the Inquisition that ensures her victory. To the surprise of many, she reinstates the Circle of Magi and creates a Templar Order firmly leashed to her hand. Mages rise quickly in the new Circle, having more freedom and responsibility then ever before - even if all true power lies with her.For now, the Chantry remains united. Though difficult for many to accept, a mage sits on the Sunburst Throne and will remain there. The Inquisition's mages – the former rebels led by Grand Enchanter Fiona – are left with a choice. In the end, they elect to leave the Inquisition and refuse Vivienne's demand that they join the reformed Circle of Magi. However, this new mage rebellion does not last, as the Divine brings down her fury upon them. Some mages surrender; others return to the Inquisition. Either way, the new Circle of Magi stands triumphant.Those Templars of the Inquisition who were recruited at Therinfal Redoubt are left with a choice. Many follow in the footsteps of Commander Cullen, going through the slow and agonizing process of lyrium withdrawal. Others refuse to join the reformed Templar Order under a mage Divine, instead forming a new knightly order called the Silver Shield.And what of the Inquisition itself? It trades in secrets as easily as it does favors. Its military might is feared, and its power is without question.Following the events of Trespasser and the EXALTED COUNCIL the world state is as follows:With the Dragon's Breath disrupted, the Qunari retreated back to the North. The Ben-Hassrath disavowed the Viddasala's actions. They assured Divine Victoria that, with the Inquisition disbanded, they consider their alliance to apply to her and the Chantry.After the Inquisition disbanded, Cullen retired from active service. He returned to Ferelden, establishing a sanctuary for former templars, on land Divine Victoria granted to him. With his help, many templars shed their lyrium addiction... and those whose minds were too far gone spent their last days in comfort. And he promised that, should his friends from the old Inquisition ever need him, his blade would be ready. Some were relieved to see the unpredictable organization dismantled. Others preferred to remember the Inquisition's good works and the many lives it had saved. Those who had served returned to their former lives, knowing they had stopped a great evil from destroying the world and hoping that the peace for which they had fought remained, once the Inquisition was gone. However, Honor Trevelyan vows to stop Solas, who has proven himself an enemy with his plans to sunder the Veil, by any means necessary, but her current whereabouts are unknown.
For the time being this should be enough information to give everyone an idea of what to do with their characters in this new timeline, but also rest assured that current plots set in Inquisition time will remain intact and commence like normal.

Bits and Bobs: With all of these changes, Unbound will be undergoing a complete facelift. This means templates, claims and certain features may change or be removed altogether. It may require some updating on your part, but we will try and minimize this as much as possible to make this large transition easier for everyone.

Thank you so much for making it this far through our admittedly lengthy announcement. Again we want to reassure you that your current threads and plots will not be affected by the changes in the timeline. Now you are merely able to go back and play across all three timelines. If you have any further questions or concerns please reply below so that we know that you've taken the time to read this announcement. If you have nothing, simply reply with what you got for Christmas!

Much love,

Cat, Cherith, Crim & Dinah
^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 07:58 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

I GOT AN XBOX ONE AND FINAL FANTASY XV FOR CHRISTMAS!user posted image

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
CAT
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 09:28 PM
cat
229 posts
27 years
Warrior
CAT

I GOT A GIANT PILLOW AND COLORING BOOKS AND SHEETS AND THINGS FOR CHRISTMAS

FOR QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS, PLEASE MESSAGE THE ANDRASTE ACCOUNT.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
CRIM ♚
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 10:03 PM
mage hoarder
51 posts
23 years
Non-Combatant
CRIM ♚

user posted image
PM
^
BUG
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 10:47 PM
milk
37 posts
26 years
Mage

i got money lotsa money 🤑

PM
^
THORNE
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 11:47 AM
Gabriel
27 posts
20 years
Non-Combatant

Read and understood!

I'm back to slogging away at work, but Uni is two weeks away, so there will be activity from me very soon.
PMWebsite
^
DELPHINE ISHTAR
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 01:03 PM
Sheep
60 posts
31 years
Mage

Read and understood. This post really helped me a lot and I'll be here for the long haul despite being a little slower lately. Love yall!
PMEmailAIM
^
AURELIO ESCAMILLA
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 01:51 PM
ash
26 posts
38 years
Mage

I got a new phone and a horrible cold for Christmas. Lucky me!
PM
^
BIRTHE
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 02:54 PM
birthe
25 posts
30 years
Rogue

I got a fancy new headset and a suitcase for christmas! also anxiety
PM
^
ARTEMIS COUSLAND
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 06:49 PM

On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me...

jk I'm single. anyway, I got a harry potter charm bracelet and a nice snuggie thing for christmas.

Fat. I also got fat. I really apologize for my absence, but I feel like the new changes coming will be good for me, rejuvinate some of my favorite characters that I loved to play <3
^
ZIRA
 Posted: Dec 28 2016, 04:36 PM
0 posts
years

I got cat supplies and new dining room chairs... #adult
^
CASSIOPEIA SOPHRONIUS
 Posted: Dec 29 2016, 03:07 PM

I'm still alive! Just XD I've been floored by the double-whammy of illness and work in retail at Christmas, but I'm hoping things will calm down soon and I can get back to posting. I've got a half-finished one for Benoit sitting on my harddrive glaring at me each time I open Word.
PM
^
OCTAVIA CAELISTIS
 Posted: Dec 30 2016, 10:14 AM

Aye Aye Captain. Read and Understood.
^
ANSEL LAMB
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 08:17 AM

GOT IT. I got so so so sick. GONNA DO A POST NOW.
^
SQUEE
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 09:28 AM
OOC Account
28 posts
23 years
Warrior

Aye, aye. I got an awesome wireless headset, video game chair, and a wig for my cosplay!
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND