Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#15 - Activity & Inquisition Updates
LOUIS MONTEFIORI
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 12:18 PM

Read and it's early and stuff and I'm gonna keep it short and sweet.

Asking me that is like asking me my favourite song, it's just not fair and can't be answered. Morrigan wins hands down on DA:O just because EVERYTHING. Her humour, that expectation you'll wake with her staff wedged between your shoulder blades and her snippy remarks to Alistair. DA:2 was more of an ensemble piece where I personally think they all worked off from each other and I struggle to find a favourite despite my love/hate relationship regarding all things Anders. As for inquisition, I have a soft spot for Cole cos I fell in love with him in Asunder but I honestly can't pet a favourite just yet and it's the one where I think I'll pull my eventual favourite character from the supporting characters (read: villains) more so than any companions or major Inquisition heads.
^
ANDRE LEBLANC
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 03:15 PM

Read.

My favorite of all time? I think I would have to say Dorian. Firstly, he is the first gay male character in DA period. Thus, I have to look out for my fellow gays. Though, I love all my queers! I just love how snarky and witty he is! No character has ever made me laugh so much, then want to glomp with love, and then rage at for being a dummy. All around, he is one of the most loveable and deep characters in the series, in my opinion and experience.
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 08:02 PM

Gooot it. thanks for the update, staff.

Favorite character... out of all of them? Why you do this? really?

You probably already saw this coming, but Anders. He just.. the character development between the two games leaves so much to work with creatively and I just absolutely adore that broken man who lives for his cause and just the sheer passion in everything he does. Out of all of the characters I write, he's probably the one that I take the most pleasure in capturing the essence of, always. He's not without his flaws, obviously, but he's easily one of the most complex characters in game and I wish there had been a bit more with him in inquisition. Ah, well. Seriously, though. I love him and his struggles with Justice -- er, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of the awakening one as well.

^
FERGUS COUSLAND
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 10:23 PM

Read!

Like most everyone it's really hard to pick just one. Ultimately one name popped to mind for me, though. Alistair, definitely. Ever since the first line of meeting him in Origins his cheesy sense of humor got me every time. Plus he pulls off the whole modesty thing well. It's so funny because I usually go for more "badass" or "dark" characters in other instances, but he just makes me smile.
^
MARY-KATHERINE RAMSEY
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 05:18 AM

Read!

OH lord. I love Vivienne more than air. I don't agree with everything she says but she is so amazing I can't help being in awe. Her banter with everyone is spot on. Cassandra is a close second. I haven't played the other DA games so I am not as familiar with the other characters but I will assume they are all as equally lovely.
^
SETHOS FAOLAN
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 05:42 AM

Read and understood! You staff are the staffiest of staffs and you rock <3.

Ohmygod who is my favourite. I mean I really liked Alistair for a long time because swooping is bad and I just... love him unapologetically. I never liked Leliana in Origins but love her now. I do love Fenris. And Vivienne. And Dorian. And Solas because of the reasons. I feel like it's hard to pick a favourite here.

I give up, I'm useless at this. If you had asked about Mass Effect you would hear me screaming Garrus for the next 5 years.
^
SAMSON
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 09:24 AM

Read!

Perhaps because I am not out to my parents, even knowing that they would support me if I came out as gay, Dorian's story just absolutely broke my heart. Confronting a parent is such a dreaded thing for so many queer people, to have been given the chance to take another person through that, to be shown that reconciliation is possible even in the most extreme of cases... It gave a lot of people hope for something better.

Haha, and I mean, have you seen that boy?
^
CULLEN RUTHERFORD
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 10:36 AM

DIDN'T READ IT. FIGHT ME. FIGHT ME IN REAL LIFE.
Of course I read it. Bl I was actively present while you typed it and mumbled.

I'm going to be the cheater here and not pick a favorite character, buuuut what I WILL do is say I love the Templar Order. All of it. From Cullen to Alrik to Meredith. I love how diverse they are across the spectrum and how, to most of them, they thoroughly believe their path is just. They sacrifice their personal lives to ensure the safety of a populace against powers neither they, nor those who wield them, have full understanding of. Not all of them are worthy of respect. A lot of them are underhanded and disgusting, but that makes them interesting characters. This idea that these soldiers are so explicitly in charge that they can get away with all their wrongs is... pretty remarkable. They represent a system that continues to be corrupted and though some are aware of it, they swallow their humility and slam iron fists instead. That they all remain so diverse yet still aim for the same goal is why they're my jam. UvU~

Also, I love Anora and Loghain too. And Solas. And Abelas. And every single Desire Demon. And Aveline. And the Arishok. Hi I love Dragon Age.
^
SKEG DUERDEK
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 02:38 PM

Hmmm, favorite character. I'd have to say between Fiona and Merrill. I have a thing for elven mages, I guess. Plus David Gaider did such an amazing job with Fiona in The Calling. Honestly he did an amazing job with everyone. I just read them recently and it was the first time I started to daydream about making an Avvar. And then Merrill and her stupid naive face just made me fall in love with her on the spot. But I have so many favorites I really had a hard time choosing. I also enjoyed Vivienne. I had more fun with her on the second playthrough after I actually figured out which conversation choices she would agree with. I just really like mages, you gaiz.

Oh oh, and Shale!
^
HERAH ADAAR
 Posted: Mar 17 2015, 05:37 PM

read!

And Varric is my fave :) I love his sense of humour and how he takes care of everyone. The next two that are right behind are Josie and Iron Bull. Josie is such a sweetheart and Bull is this big goof with a heart so big and compassionate.
^
BIANCA DAVRI.
 Posted: Mar 18 2015, 09:06 PM

Read!

Favorite character. Ah, is there such a thing? What I loved about Inquisition especially was I didn't hate anyone. The whole cast was fantastic. By the end of the game, even the ones I felt lukewarm about at the beginning became my baes. My favorite, favorite baes.

Right now it's a toss up between Morrigan and Solas. I've loved Morrigan a little longer so she edges Solas out a little bit. She surprises me every time she shows up. I adore their character designs, their speech patterns, their long and complex backstories, and I'm curious as to where future games will take them.

^
EADRIC WESTGARD
 Posted: Mar 20 2015, 08:17 PM

/latetoparty

ANYWAY. Read.

I love...the Dragon Age Series :3

Shale, Lelianna, Cassandra, Morrigan, Isabella. Varric, Zevran, Dog and Dorian. And Bull. And Cole. And...damn it i'm a series whore.

YOU CANT MAKE ME CHOOSE

^
KREM
 Posted: Mar 20 2015, 08:25 PM
0 posts
years

Read~

Ah, it's way too hard to choose just one :T I'd say it's Varric. He really eases up situations when it becomes all "DOOM AND GLOOM ERRBODY'S GONNA DIE" and he's just there like "shhh relax, Varric's here. Have a sarcastic comment".

And Krem has a special place in my heart obviously, but he's not really fleshed out enough in-canon for me to pick as a favorite...yet, hopefully. Still prayin' to Andraste for that sweet, sweet DLC and holding out for the faint possibility of him returning next game as a companion. Somehow.
^
ELLANA LAVELLAN
 Posted: Mar 22 2015, 04:03 PM

READ. Wow, sorry, I just got back from vacation and I'll get a post up ASAP but ugh long car rides sap me of any creativity.

Favorite character? I'm trying to think of the ones that left me with a big, stupid smile on my face the entire time I was playing. However, that's pretty much the entire group. Big nerd goofballs like Alistair, Varric, Cullen and those dumb babies hit close to home. But I pretty much love everyone.
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 01:22 PM

read!

Calpernia is my Queen, I've forgotten all others. I guess Varric is cool too but...he's not power hungry Tevinter mage cool so what's the point?

^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND