Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#17 - IT'S OVER 9000!!!, Hold onto your butts.
CHERITH♕
 Posted: May 2 2015, 09:32 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

Announcement #17: May 2015
Hi everyone and welcome to May on Unbound! This update is going to be a long one, so buckle in. We've made a lot of updates on the board in the past two weeks, some little enough you probably haven't even noticed them yet and others, like the tagbox and the awards, we'd worry about it you if you somehow missed them. Anyway, I'm going to hit all the updates as short and sweet as possible so we can get through them all without a 1500 word manifesto. If you have questions or think we need to clarify something, let us know in the comments. And when you're done, so I know all my hard typing wasn't for naught, we've got a specific comment request as well.

Your assignment once you've read through the whole announcement is two-fold. We're going to make this an official check-in post. Please post down below listing all of your characters and a link to their most recent thread. In addition, if you'd like to drop a character, now is the time. Let us know which character and leave us the links to app/plotter/ect that needs to be archived so we can get on it. If we can save some time by doing this stuff all at once, that'd be really helpful. With that out of the way let's get to the rest of the updates. We'll start with the obvious.

Unbound members awards! Congrats to Knox & Nnng for winning the first member awards on Unbound. Knox with Reid Vaughan for favorite male character and for just generally being a pretty awesome member. And Nnng with the favorite female character, Neassa Severin. We're really glad you all took to this idea and put in your votes.

Going forward, we're going to try and put up a new poll for each season. So Nnng and Knox won for Spring 2015. We'll put up the next poll in June to find out the winners for Summer. Winners of the previous season won't be in the running.

Unless it's been pointed out to you, you probably don't even know it's there, but members now have an awards section on their profile pages. From there you'll be able to click a link that'll take you to a page where you'll be able to see all the awards for that character. Here's what Reid's looks like as an example. [link]

Since we don't have OOC accounts on Unbound, member awards won't be listed under the character pages. We haven't built a specific page for these yet, but we'll figure out how best to display them before the awards are posted for July.

The Tagbox! You've already made good use of this so there's not much to say about it here. We do have one request to make when using the tagbox. Please only use the tagbox for links to thread updates and avoid making any additional comments or leaving emoticons when posting. We want it to be as easy as possible for people to read through the updates and having everyone using the same formatting without any additional chatter makes it much faster to read through.

Rules & Character Updates
Before we get into some of the other neat site updates, let's talk about a few small rule changes. For new characters, we're asking that anyone creating a new character waits to have any previous characters officially accepted (or denied) with claims made before starting to app a new character. This helps us prioritize how we review applications.

In addition, we're asking that anyone wishing to create a character interested in joining the Inquisition have their application written with pre-Inquisition information. We'd like to start implementing the idea that anyone new coming to the Inquisition roleplay their introduction. Both of these rule changes have been added to the main rules page.

We've also changed the way we'd like to work completed threads. Previously we've marked threads as complete and stuck them down in the thread archive never to be seen again. Going forward, we'd like to mark threads as complete, and close them as we have been, but we'll no longer be moving them to the archive unless the characters involved leave Unbound. We think this will help new members see some of the history for all of our characters. This isn't necessarily a change for you -- we'd still like you to notify us when you complete a thread so we can close it.

That said, we've got a few pages of previously completed and archived threads than can come out of the archive if you like. If you have a thread you'd like put back into the location in which it was played, use the moderation thread to let us know which thread and where it should go.

Check-in stuff. The admin team has done an activity sweep and cleared out a lot of inactive characters. This time around we managed to free up quite a few canon characters. We've added these characters back to the canon list but since there were so many I thought I'd list them here for you.

• Blackwall
  • Cullen Rutherford
  • Fenris
  • Fergus Cousland
  • Lace Harding
  • The Iron Bull
  • Merrill

We have one more big character change as well. As Dinah posted earlier, she will no longer be playing Honor Trevelyan, our Inquisitor. As of this announcement, Honor's account is coming into my greedy hands. The decisions the Inquisitor have made thus far will remain and not much about Honor is going to be changing, just her writer. I will be updating her face and I'll have a plotter update with her soon. You can read Dinah's post here if you missed it.

Neat Site Changes
Back to some cool new updates. First, hover over my avatar. In the sidebox you'll see that in addition to links for application, codex, want ad, ect. We've added a link for Plotter at the bottom of the list. From your character's profile page, you can now add a link to your Plotter page and it'll show up there. Thanks to Jack for this suggestion!

Speaking of member suggested updates, Glass asked if we could implement a word count for the reply box and we were able to make that happen. In case you haven't noticed this change, when you reply to this announcement take a look under the reply box and you'll be able to watch the word count change as you type. Thanks Glass!

Another small but useful update is our new bb code addition for thread dates. There's a button to use at the top of the reply window simply called THREADDATE. And if you want to use this in your starters, that's exactly the code. In the brackets you'll just use THREADDATE and it'll format your date properly.

We're down to the last two thing and they're big ones! First up, check out the Miscellaneous posting area on the board down under the Imperium. We've added a new subforum called "rapidfire". As the name might suggest, this forum is for rapid fire style threads to help generate inspiration for new characters or explore quick scenes with no word count required. We hope this are helps people that might be trying to feel out new characters, or to write through some quick headcanon scenes that don't require a whole thread to accommodate. It should not be a replacement for actual roleplay threads. The post count here does not apply towards activity.

Last but perhaps best of all, we're tentatively announcing that we'll beginning threads for the Fall of Haven around the first of June. With the Inquisitor switching hands, this gives me time to get up to speed before we start tearing down Haven. We'll have more in June's announcement.

[breathes]

That's everything, folks! Please let us know if you have questions and don't forget to leave your update below. Thanks!

~The Staff

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ISSALA ADAAR
 Posted: May 2 2015, 09:44 PM

Checking in! =D

Issala Adaar

Rapidfire is a great idea! Thanks so much, Staff <3
^
NATHANIEL HOWE
 Posted: May 2 2015, 09:47 PM

^
SAMSON
 Posted: May 2 2015, 09:51 PM

Samson (April 24th)

Kadri Melos (March 11th, plotting for more threads in progress)

Fenris (app currently in-progress, sorry for the delay)

user posted image
^
ANDERS
 Posted: May 2 2015, 10:21 PM

Alistair Theirin

Anders

Delrin Barris

Odeza Cadash has no current threads. I blame my short hiatus due to school. Terrible timing to make another character, I was just too stupid to realize it. She is in plotting progress, however, so I'm not really wanting to drop this character.

So I guess you could say that pretty much wraps up everything here... and I can get back to my posting now that I am unbound from my life duties.

user posted image

^
BEATRIX
 Posted: May 2 2015, 10:25 PM
CRIM
55 posts
37 years
Rogue

PM
^
CAT
 Posted: May 2 2015, 10:34 PM
cat
229 posts
27 years
Warrior
CAT

Alright. Figured this is a good enough place to update everyone on why I've been so sparse and why I've decided to, once again, alter my character roster. Gonna make this as short and sweet as possible

As some of you know, I still live with the folks. JR, my step-father,'s trailer is on his ex-wife's property and it was willed that so long as her brother was alive, JR could continue to live here. WELP. The brother died about a week/2 weeks ago. Suffice to say, land and property disputes have thus been the staple of my evenings and none of it is any good. Either the property manages to get bought or we have to worry about moving everything elsewhere and I'm just exhausted. Other misc. health issues are cropping up per usual and I'm headed back to the doctor in the next few weeks to hopefully get things sorted out. Maybe. Who knows. And Roger is sick too. He's a copycat. But he's not looking too good and that's bummin me out also. Everything is compiling and it's hard to want to be around people...which you've probably noticed from AIM/Skype lately. Nothing personal, I just need some time to sort myself out.

Personal griping aside, I've chosen to make a somewhat selfish move and dropped Cullen to pull Benoit up out of the archives. I've taken what all has been said around the watering hole to heart and realized it wasn't in the forum's best interest for me to remain sat upon a prominent Inquisition canon like Cullen when we have so many talented and capable writers who would be better capable of making use of him and providing better availability to you all for plotting. It wasn't an easy decision and I'm a bit tore up about it, but hopefully we'll have a replacement soon and things will go smoothly.

As far as Benoit is concerned, I'll work his retcon out here in the next few days. Anyone who had a plot with him before shouldn't feel need to fret over this reemergence. It won't be liable to affect your characters overmuch, if at all, if I can help it.

Sorry for the less than stellar activity lately, everyone. I'm trying.
(andfailingbutw/e)

FOR QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS, PLEASE MESSAGE THE ANDRASTE ACCOUNT.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
REID VAUGHAN
 Posted: May 2 2015, 11:26 PM

[casually adds helpful dates]
Reid Vaughan (May 1st)
Sebastian Vael (April 29th)
Adria (April 24th)
Léonardo Quebeadeaux (April 26th)
Santiago Zamora (May 2nd)
Cole (April 29th)
Ardis Lavellan (April 29th)
Cora (April 30th)

<33333333
[gently smooches cat]
^
FREDERIC
 Posted: May 2 2015, 11:46 PM

ALAIN
AUB
BOSQUE
LAURENCE
DORIAN
FREDERIC

user posted image

Our lord and savior clearly enjoys making you miserable. What a jerk! My apologies, Cat. :c
^
ARI
 Posted: May 3 2015, 02:50 AM
0 posts
years
ARI

ARI

Great job guys. I love that finished threads won't automatically be moved to Archives anymore. It makes it a lot easier to read through and keep track of! Also, Rapidfire sounds very neat.

Well done!

^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: May 3 2015, 06:06 AM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

I can't believe no one called me on the fact that the announcement header said June instead of May. [shakes head]

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
INERA FELAS'NAN
 Posted: May 3 2015, 08:39 AM
Hez
91 posts
30 years
Rogue

Willow
Cassie
Inera

Hope things get sorted out for you soon Cat -hugs-
PM
^
MARY-KATHERINE RAMSEY
 Posted: May 3 2015, 10:51 AM

^
LOUIS MONTEFIORI
 Posted: May 3 2015, 11:43 AM

Not the most glowing example of activity but here goes:

Louis Montefiori - March 22
Finnian Amell - April 10

Dinah and Cat I just want to smoosh you and leave you chocolate :(

^
ELLANA LAVELLAN
 Posted: May 3 2015, 01:14 PM

Ellana Lavellan (April 26th)

You guys are my favorite. <3 Keep doing what you do!
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND