Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#22 - In Your Face, Neil Armstrong, I'm the best botanist on this planet!
ANDRASTE♕
 Posted: Oct 13 2015, 10:30 PM
STAFF
237 posts
♕ years
Warrior

Achievement Unlocked: October

Updates Ahoy! As short and sweet as I can make them because I like you and I want you to like me too. (But I also want you to read to the bottom.)

▶ The quickest of the updates I can give you are about the few little visual changes I've made to Unbound that have very little impact on your daily Unbound use.

1. There's a link to the Templates area under the "Community" menu on the top bar.
  2. The legend/counts for the site census have been moved to the "Site Census" menu on the top bar (This means the Site Census is a little bit cleaner and doesn't scroll anymore like it did before. Meaning nothing to you new folks.)
  3. The backgrounds on the skins (all the ones that weren't the Fate skin) no longer resize if you zoom in and out of the site. For some of you this means nothing, but if you have a bigger monitor like me, you might've noticed the backgrounds repeated - they shouldn't anymore.
  4. I also made some small color tweaks to the Fallow Mire for better link & header reading.

▶ Please take a moment, in their plotters or down below in the replies to say welcome to a few new people this month. First a welcome back to Marionette who has brought her Mahariel, Darchei back to us. And a big welcome to all our new folks: Kathleen (who joined last month but had to promptly step away and around now!) and Vulpe (who brought us the adorable cinnamon roll, Finnlay). Also, people should go stare at Dinah and who she's returned from the archives. >>

▶ A few of you have noticed that the characters forum and the archives for character applications have been made 'members only'. We recently had an issue with application theft - basically someone posted an app that already existed in our archives. We take theft of art and writing really seriously here at Unbound. So to help combat people lifting character concepts/applications, we've hidden those areas of the forum. If you have questions about this, let us know.

▶ I mentioned in the last update that Unbound had finally gone premium and that as part of that, if you guys were interested, we'd allow more Mature threads. At the time we didn't really have a way to identify those. It's nothing complicated, we just wanted something to standardize how Mature threads are going to work, so people know what they could be getting into before they click on a thread.

So, if you're going to create a mature thread (mature in this case means sexual) please add an [M] signifier at the FRONT of your thread title, no matter the forum you put the thread in. This way, people see the [M] first thing and know before they even click in what they could be in for.

That's really it. We've updated the rules a tiny bit with this information so give that a read, but basically - be responsible about your content and enjoy.

▶ We also mentioned in the last update that we'd be working on putting together something like achievements and maybe a store for Unbound. We're are almost done with that. I can say for sure we'll have it up before the end of October, but we're still working out some final details. Please watch this announcement thread for an update. When we have it ready, I'll post it here and link to any pertinent information for it.

▶ Finally, I have two reminders:

1. Please remember that Haven will only remain open through November. We'll give you some warning before we close it up for good, but this is a good time to start thinking about final threads, or finishing open ones.
  2. Many of you might not be aware that Unbound has a Tumblr. We use it to post inspiration, or game information, as well as advertisements to help people find us. If you have a tumblr, we'd love if you'd follow us. Or better yet, if you have character stories/graphics/fanmixes/art that you post on your personal tumblr accounts, let us know! (aka. Cherith mentions a thing that might be relevant in upcoming announcements.)

That's all folks! I don't have any more for you now, but there will be news on the store + achievements in the days to come. If you have questions you can leave them below or PM Andraste as per usual.

Also, before you go leave me a note below to let me know you've read through the whole thing! If you're dressing up for Halloween this year, tell us who you're going to be!

~The Staff

FOR BOARD, MEMBER, CHARACTER CONCERNS PLEASE PM THIS ACCOUNT
PMEmail
^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Oct 13 2015, 10:47 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

bonus round: Cherith laughs at her attempts to reference pop culture

user posted image

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 02:22 AM
Hez
91 posts
31 years
Rogue

I would have been dressing up as Katniss (bow and all) if I wasn't in work XD Ah well. Great update guys!
PM
^
ACELINE ROCHEV
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 02:23 AM

Not going to lie, got bitten by a bloodmage craze so i'll probably just go as this masquerade thing but with the masquerade mask in 'blood' on my face. That or a creepy porcelain doll. My YouTube girlcrush did both and I'm like aaaaah do want.
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 04:23 AM

I am not dressing up, but my best friend is as a weird skeletal cat thing. And thenw we're going to a haunted hayride/house thing. :3
^
DROHAN OROVELLON
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 05:29 AM

Thank you for the welcome! I am still indecisive about my halloween costume. :/ I didn't think I would have Halloween plans, and now I do, and at the moment I'm torn between Morrigan and Kuvira from LoK.

^
VALIANT
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 05:50 AM

I don't even know what I'm dressing up as. I'll probably just grab something from one of the boxes of stuff and make something up.
^
ASHER COGHLAN
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 07:17 AM
birthe
150 posts
41 years
Mage

I am dressing up as myself probably in my jammies and eating chips and playing far cry in bed, because we don't do halloween in norway -insert sad deprived face here-
PM
^
BELINDA DARROW
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 08:22 AM

Woo, announcements!o3o This year I'm probably going to be dressing up as Waldo, of Where's Waldo fame; and yes, last year I was Waldo. Yay for recycling costumes! XD
^
ZEVRAN ARAINAI
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 08:33 AM

user posted image

I can't dress up this year because I'll probably be at work but It'll be fun I guess, not a lot of people show up at night on halloween so we'll likely just goof off and throw candy at each other while placing various accessories on our fake pumpkins.
^
FINNLAY
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 08:46 AM

I was use halloween as a chance to debut my Eileen The Crow cosplay, but making capes out of feathers is a pain so instead I'm just going to be a spooky ghost or something.
^
NIAMH SURANA
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 05:58 PM
CRIM
133 posts
28 years
Mage

I might toss on an old theater costume while I'm handing out candy, it depends how I'm feeling that day. And hi new/returning people! I'm always here for more elves and / or mages because I'm predictable like that.
PM
^
CALLIDAN THORNE
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 09:52 PM

Well, I read it. I'm gonna go as Beetlejuice if I make my costume.
^
ASH
 Posted: Oct 14 2015, 10:03 PM
Ash
26 posts
23 years
Warrior
ASH

I don't have any plans, so I shall be dressed as me, hoping kids don't egg my house.
PM
^
ARI
 Posted: Oct 15 2015, 12:03 AM
0 posts
years
ARI

Read completely.

I'll be accompanying Psile, dressed as Lydia.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND