Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#23 - Treat Yo Self, AKA: Sovereigns and how to use them
ANDRASTE♕
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 02:04 AM
STAFF
237 posts
♕ years
Warrior

Treat Yo' Self

Happy Sunday! Big update for you this time around.
But first, a few reminders and smaller updates.

▶ Firstly, a reminder that the Fall of Haven event will be ending at the end of the month. Everything there should be finished up as much as possible by the 30th of November. If you already have a finished thread, please let us know in the moderation post what we can close. That'll make finishing everything up at the end of the month a little easier.

▶ In addition, if you want to participate in the Haunted House thread, you still can. It's been so far and we plan to leave it up indefinitely. Or until people stop having fun or everyone dies, whatever comes first. Since it seemed to work out, we might open up more free-for-all type posts like that in the future.

▶ We also want to follow up soon after the fall of Haven with Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts at the Winter Palace. Right now our goal is to get that started after the first of the year, giving everyone a chance to get through the holidays and school and everything. So, look for that announcement come January.

▶ Nextly, voting is now open for Winter. When you're finished here, please go over to the voting post and follow the link to the Winter poll. We'll tally up the votes and announce winners at the end of the Month.

▶ We've had a small update to the rules recently for new applications. When applying for a new character, canon or original, we're asking for just a roleplay sample (no history needed) that fits within a year of the current time on Unbound. This will help us when reading new applications to understand best how the character will fit into our current setting.

▶ Before we move on to the big items, we also want to extend a welcome to some of our new members. Please welcome Andy, Brandon, Sheep, and VCRaptor to Unbound!

On to the big new things!

▶ First up! Our achievement system is put together and ready to use. We're still waiting on artwork for all the items, but we should have those put together soon. We didn't want to wait anymore on getting it running though.

▶ The second part of us putting together the achievements is launching the Unbound Store. We'll have a whole post up about how everything works and you can read that over here. The basics however are pretty straightforward. On the right hand side of the store, you'll see a list of store items and achievement items.

If you go to the store you'll see on the left-hand side a short list of categories that will help you sort through all the items we have listed. All the achievement descriptions are listed there, and we're putting together a tracker so you can keep track of any items that might pertain to an achievement that takes several parts.

▶ The biggest change with the Unbound Store & Achievement launching, is that we're going to be adjusting the requirements for applying for your sixth character (and above). Previously, we've required members to be around for six months before applying for a sixth character. However now with the store we're going to allow for you to purchase those characters over five to be bought through the store.

▶ We'll also be including the ability to purchase the chance to apply some more "elite" character canons. These would be characters like Flemeth or Coryphus, characters that we would want to be applied for by Unbound members that we know will make the most of them.

For now, those are the basics on how the store and achievements will work, but for more including prices and how you'll make purchases from the store, check out that post here. Over time we'll be adding to this system, so this is definitely just the beginning.

If you look at the store page, you'll also see a bank link at the top. That will tell you how much you currently have to purchase items with. You can use the moderation thread in order to move sovereigns between your characters or to claim achievements.

▶ Lastly, a small but fun addition. We've come up for a small board mod that will allow any of the admins to step into a thread with a random event. For instance, say we're in the Winter Palace and we want people to be able to respond to an event that doesn’t require an entire thread to resolve. Maybe it's as simple as a nug getting loose and running through the halls, or maybe it's a bandit, or an assassin. It'll be one post with the random event, and then we'll step out of the thread, leaving you to resolve it.

If you want to see how it works, we'll make a post below to put it into action. We want this to be fun, and non-intrusive to how things normally run on Unbound. So we're not about to change everything up or start stepping into each and every thread (nobody's got that kind of time anyhow). You can request events if you like, or request for us to keep out of them too so everyone can enjoy it when it happens.

▶ Finally! Thank you guys for being patient with us as we put together big stuff like this, or letting us try out new things like a giant haunted house AU. We appreciate that you all go along with these things and give us your honest feedback on how things are working.

Once you've read everything and gone over to do your voting for OTS winners, please let us know by leaving a comment. Take a look at the achievement list and let us know which one is your favorite! Or perhaps, see if there's one you're already capable of completing.

~The Staff

FOR BOARD, MEMBER, CHARACTER CONCERNS PLEASE PM THIS ACCOUNT
PMEmail
^
ASHER COGHLAN
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 02:45 PM
birthe
150 posts
41 years
Mage

I have read this and done my voting (WINTER VOTING!!!!) and OH BOY OH BOY A STORE!!!! I love the rubber duck. And also all the war table missions that go "fail a war table mission." I specialize in failure.

Very excited about the store stuff, that's a brilliant idea!
PM
^
CULLEN RUTHERFORD
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 02:52 PM

Store STore STore. I'm just kind of waiting to see the other images XD That ducky made me lol XD
^
ACELINE ROCHEV
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 02:52 PM

RUBBER DUCK.

I mean that one just stands out because it's a duck.

This is great btw good job guys <3 I even qualify for some of the achievements, yaaay!
I've also done my voting and it was a difficult choice, so much great stuff here!
^
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 02:53 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

As an example.

Something Has Happened!

insert random event here

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ARTEMIS COUSLAND
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 04:39 PM

This is the only reaction I can give you
^
MAEVE LAVELLAN
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 06:14 PM
CRIM
73 posts
26 years
Mage

I think I'm torn between the rubber duck and the fact that there are so many different ones for failing a War Table mission in different circumstances. The feared new power on the block, the Inquisition, seems to be slated for a lot of beatings xD
PM
^
SAWYER ARAINAI
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 07:06 PM

I think the "Fast and the Furriest" achievement must be the cleverest out of all. It also reminds me of something...
^
ANDERS
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 07:31 PM

I have done all the things, and am looking over things now too. So if I find anything that needs brought to your attention I will say stuff then.
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 03:49 AM
Hez
91 posts
31 years
Rogue

Read and voted! Rubber ducky needs a mention, but also spotted Bilge Rat there. Willow's the included pirate.
PM
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 03:50 PM

I get back from a weekend of shenanigans and have to read this?! How dare you. ALL THOSE WORDS.

I could have used a summary.

You did good, real good. Almost too good, I'm suspicious.

I voted and my fav achievement is the one called 'The cake is a lie,' because I see what you did there and love me some Portal. (also it was near the top and I'm travel weary).

You can expect my post in the moderation forum some time close to when I feel like it. I know I'm rich and Neassa has mad achievements.

^
ARI
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 07:02 PM
0 posts
years
ARI

I'm way too excited about these new updates. I love Achievements, though the completionist in me is already realizing that I won't be getting some of these. Like one of my faves: YER WERE A WIZARD, 'ARRY. Because, you know, I'm not okay with the idea of Solas becoming tranquil. But oh man, the AU ideas.

My other fave is ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR, b/c I loved that so much in the film that I memorized it and can say the monologue along with her. <.<

Oh, also really excited about random events. I was on a board that did that, and it can really liven up a struggling thread. So excellent idea! Great job guys! <3

^
LUKA HELMI
 Posted: Nov 18 2015, 09:26 AM

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I am so psyched for these new updates; I'm not gonna lie, I am a bit of a glory hound and enjoy collecting achievements. Also, I'm not dead, just very busy still XD

My favorite achievement is probably either 'The Fast and Furriest'( bears are terrifying, and Luka hates 'em with a passion), or 'And My Axe', 'cause I love Gimli and am excited to toss some of my characters into the Deep Roads- fun times are sure to ensue! Great job on the shop and achievements folks c:
^
DELPHINE ISHTAR
 Posted: Nov 18 2015, 09:44 AM
Sheep
60 posts
31 years
Mage

Ok this is really cool! The names on some of the achievements killed me, haha. I am really looking forward to trying to earn some of these. I have never been a part of a community so well organized or well thought out. I am excited to be here. Cheers!
PMEmailAIM
^
ALISTAIR THEIRIN
 Posted: Nov 20 2015, 01:23 PM

... I want that rubber duck. That rubber duck will be mine. <3

Read and am happy to announce that I am excited. Please, attack Alistair with all the surprise events. And whatever else you want to do to the ex-warden. Muwahaha. On to the voting! o/
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND