Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

#26 - Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, all your friends are dead, Marius, wtg.
ANDRASTE♕
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 04:33 PM
STAFF
237 posts
♕ years
Warrior

That got dark fast

▶ Its that time folks! The Winter Palace is finally upon us! Whether you're there for the intrigue, the prestige or the ham that tastes of despair, all are welcome to join in on the Winter Palace action. The event will run for the next couple months, but we don't have an official end date planned just yet. Members of the Inquisition (Honor, her advisers, and companions most especially) will be there to investigate the attempt on Empress Celene's life, but other notable characters among the nobility or those with their own agenda can push their plots forward as needed.

▶ This is also an official notice that our first activity sweep of the year has been completed. Any long since inactive accounts have been purged and any inactive characters have been archived, including their threads and plotting content. If you think you've been archived in error, submit a moderation request to have your character and threads reactivated. The holiday season was a slow time for us, as it is across many boards, but now that we're moving into February the activity requirements are going back to normal. If you don't think you'll be able to maintain your activity, please communicate with us via the Departures thread. Make sure to include an estimated return date so we know when to follow up with you, should it come time for another activity sweep.

▶ With that said, there are new canon positions opened up that might interest people!

▶ Moving forward, there was an issue of certain shop images (those hosted on tinypic) bloodmagically turning into sports cars brought to our attention recently. The images have since been replaced on a different host and spruced up a bit, so this issue has been resolved. Naturally, if you see any other odd things regarding the skin or images, please let us know!

▶ In addition, Dinah has obviously been slacking in maintaining the Weekly Challenges, so in an effort to give everyone an opportunity to participate and to keep her from feeling like an utter failure, the weekly challenges will now become Monthly Challenges. Members are also encouraged to submit their own challenges either for fun or for their own rewards (you are welcome to gift your sovereigns, remember)!

▶ Finally, simply reply to this announcement with your favorite childhood cartoon! Have fun storming the Winter Palace! Bye bye!

▶ PS. (BECAUSE SOMEONE FORGOT TO MENTION THIS) Haven is officially kaput. As mentioned in a past update, all Haven threads are being moved to the Ferelden forum. Any new threads you'd like to start that would technically take place in Haven (for historical context, like a characters meeting and/or joining the Inquisition) should now be started in THE PAST.

~The Staff

PPS. There's an addendum to this update. Please read this announcement from Dinah as well. You'll also find the link to the newest member poll in that post.

FOR BOARD, MEMBER, CHARACTER CONCERNS PLEASE PM THIS ACCOUNT
PMEmail
^
ARTEMIS COUSLAND
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 04:44 PM

Much Exciting! My favorite Cartoon as a Kid was CatDog.
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 04:45 PM
Hez
91 posts
31 years
Rogue

Winter Palace! As for favourite cartoon... ooh, that was probably Scooby Doo or Pokemon.
PM
^
CASSIAN ALLECTIUS
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 04:55 PM
birthe
110 posts
33 years
Mage

YAY WINTER PALACE! my favourite cartoon was care bears, I think. Or the gummi bears? idk, bears were involved, I think it was the care bears.
PMEmail
^
PELAGIUS ARISTON
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 04:58 PM

AHHHHhahhahhhhhHHHH WINTER PALACE!

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was the best ever kthx
^
VALIANT
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 05:22 PM

All riiight, can't wait to see what happens here! My favorite cartoon as a kid was Digimon. The first season.
^
NIAMH SURANA
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 05:47 PM
CRIM
133 posts
28 years
Mage

I wish I had a character that could realistically join in the event. I didn't necessarily plan it all out very well spreading my characters into obscure corners -shrug-

As for cartoons, I dunno. I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid.
PM
^
AELLAI TARETH
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 06:29 PM

EEEEE. WINTER PALACE. AAAAAHHHHH. Ahem. >>

As for cartoons....Gargoyles. Me and my mom would watch it EVERYDAY before I went to school. 8D
^
DELPHINE ISHTAR
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 09:03 PM
Sheep
60 posts
31 years
Mage

Eeeeeeeei Winter Palace!!!! Also my favorite cartoon growing up was Sailor Moon.
PMEmailAIM
^
TEAGAN GUERRIN
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 09:38 PM
Cherith
70 posts
43 years
Warrior

user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMMSN
^
ILITHYIA DE SAUVIGNEAU
 Posted: Jan 31 2016, 04:15 AM

Yesss, Winter Palace! Leliana will be there, and so will the lovely Duchess de Sauvigneau so any plots wished for there - pull my sleeve! I may need to put up a wanted ad for Leli spies soon tbh, anyway, I'm rambling. Oh and since Venatori will be there, Aceline will be lurking, probably not getting too involved. Seek and ye shall find the weaponised blood mage.

Bye sports car! Thank you for making my life momentarily very annoying trying to find out the price of shop things! Anyway, you are all great, thank you staff, thank you everyone <33

I should be more in action since I've gotten used to my schedule more and y'know, having an adorable rabbit to cuddle every 5 minutes.

My favourite cartoon as a kid was Digimon, it's amazing in Japanese, the plot is like more serious and deep, the music is beautiful. It was showing in Japanese, subtitled when I grew up so I'm all about that.

(and Sailor Moon, I loved Zoisite, even though he was made a woman in the American version.. which is awkward, so the first female character I loved and related to was actually androgynously male :'D)
^
ASH
 Posted: Jan 31 2016, 10:31 AM
Ash
26 posts
23 years
Warrior
ASH

I had to get Birthe to explain what Winter Palace was but it sounds really fun! And Mateo could be involved so yay to that.

ANYWHO, favourite childhood cartoon was probably X-Men TAS. I loved it. Shame they couldn't have use that model for the movies. They might actually be good then.
PM
^
LUKA HELMI
 Posted: Jan 31 2016, 10:48 AM

Omg, Winter Palace!!!1!1 Luka is going to eat that ham,and not even the royal guards can stop her~ Neria might be there, if she can stomach all the Orlesian nobles, and Belinda will be there kicking it with other noble folks(even if she isn't technically noble anymore, her last name still means something).

As for favorite childhood cartoon, it was probably Dragon Ball Z- the original, and dubbed because I was a wee little one and reading was still difficult for me. It's what got me into anime to begin with, even if I didn't realize it at the time.

((Also, 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' is one of my favorite Les Mis songs))
^
ARI
 Posted: Jan 31 2016, 10:15 PM
0 posts
years
ARI

I'm so excited for all of the things! Here comes the egg in his hershey's kiss hat...

I have/had a lot of cartoons that I loved. My favorite childhood ones are Jem, X-Men and The Legend of Zelda. For fun, my adult favorites are Home Movies and Adventure Time!
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 12:35 PM

Did I...did I not post here?

Oh you know what. I did that thing. The 'reads the thing, plans to post later, forgets to post,' thing. The NNNG special.

My fav cartoon was the Looney Tunes because Daffy. But also TMNT because that animated pizza was good shit.

As for the Winter Palace, idk if I can smudge a reason for any of my losers to be there...so maybe I'll make a new loser.

HAHA. HAHAHAHA. All these plans, minimum drive. What a curse.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND