Add Reply
New Poll

#32 - 4 Years Strong, Let's do it again!
CHERITH♕
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 12:24 PM
CHERITH
230 posts
36 years
Warrior

Welcome to the new scene / same as the old scene

Nothing new to see here. Nope, nothing at all.

Welcome friends to September. It's that special time of year when we celebrate Unbound. If you haven't noticed the little thing in the upper right corner, or the title of this thread, well -- you might want to get your eyes checked. But, those things announce that as of this September, the 7th to be specific about it, we are officially four years old. In the world of RP, especially Dragon Age ones, that's like an eternity! We attribute that success to you all, especially those of you that've been with us since the beginning and through all the rough patches that've brought us to the cool group of folks we are now. I mean, I was always cool, but you guys have helped.

We're gonna have a lot to talk about today, so strap in.

Let's talk new stuff first.

▶ New skin! We've archived all the old skins because this one is really, really pretty. We love it. And I hope you do too. I think all the old templates are working as they should be and that everything is running smoothly for everyone. However, if you see anything that isn't working right, or as you'd expect, or just looks funky and out of place - please let me know.

A few things of note about the new skin.
One! If you hit the triangle up there next to our dragon logo, you can toggle the entire sidebar closed. I mean, that sidebar is gorgeous and all, but just in case you want to concentrate on writing or need a little more space to see the main board, that's there for your use. Touch it.

Two! Subforum links on the front page get a little >> when there's a new update in that subforum. It's pretty snazzy and a good way to see where the new updates are hanging out in the Character Development forum specifically.

Three! In the top menu, I've added links to the Tagbox. If you're not familiar with the tagbox page, you can delete your own mistakes in there, or write new tags from there, it's basically just a different way to see all the updates if you want it.

Four! The sidebar navigation has the link to the shop and the Calendar. The Calendar isn't a thing we've really used before, but we're gonna start (more on that later). So I thought I'd make it easy to find.

Five! I mentioned in our last update about moving around or getting rid of the Correspondences forum, since it wasn't being used much. I wanted to keep the space for people to use, but put it somewhere a little less on the front page. :) So, you'll now find it down as a subforum under "Elsewhere". I think that's a pretty good fit.

Lastly on the topic of new skin type things. I'm not entirely done shuffling things around. I'd like to make some updates to some of our forums. For instance, I've been contemplating a combo forum for both want ads and wanted plots. As well as moving our questions area to our community corner. Just kind of streamlining things a bit. You maybe can tell from this new site look that I've been going for a 'cleaner/slimmed-down' kind of look. Anyway, those things are in the works so don't be alarmed if they change.

▶ In other new things news, we've had a change up in the moderator lineup on Unbound. Zoshka has chosen to step down as a mod, and we've added newcomer, Finch to the ranks. You might've seen Finch's recent Mahariel app (you should give it some love). Finch isn't really new new to Unbound. She was one of our members a long, long time ago and has recently returned to us. She's cool people and we're happy to have her back.

▶ WATCH THIS SPACE FOR A LINK TO OTM VOTING. We need to vote on Summer awards, but I also need to find a space on the new skin to put them. So I don't have that yet. However, this is where I'll put it when I do. Coming later today, or tomorrow.

▶ Alright with all the new changes, it's that time of the year where I ask you all to look deep into your wallets hearts and decide if you've got characters or threads that you need to drop. We're all hanging onto stuff that we could probably cut loose. I'd like everyone to really dig into all your open threads, look at all your characters and if it's not something you want to keep going and/or don't have the muse for -- let it go. The Spring Cleaning achievement is available for people letting their old, stale stuff go. Andraste might drop some extra coin bonuses to people who do this in September.

▶ The Poll results. Let's talk about my impromptu poll. I've spoken to some of you about it, and I've looked over the results. First things first, the poll was really an extreme gauge of people's gut reactions to an idea. No way am I making big board changes a week after putting a poll out about something, nor would I make a big change like that without really thinking it through and putting some structure behind it. That said, your responses, were overwhelmingly positive about the idea, which I assumed (and hoped) might be the case.

That said, this is not a change we can make overnight. And as things stand I can say for certain that anything Inquisition will continue forward as it has been. We'll be scheduling out Adamant soon (using the calendar) and the Inquisition march will continue. So no current plots or characters will be affected.

Over the next month/month and a half. I'll start putting up some discussions about how to handle old canon (anything pre-Inquisition). I'll tell you my (pretty solid) idea for how to structure the whole thing and you guys can ask questions, give feedback and ideas, ect.

▶ Okay. Man, that's a lot of updates. I think you've earned a break.... for now. Down below, leave me a question/comment/suggestion/did I forget something? -- SOMETHING that tells me you've really read through this whole update (don't just say "I've read the update" - I want something solid here).

To end, I'm going to direct you over to the Current Writing Challenge that Crim has running through September 17th in the Community Corner. Read the prompt and then go challenge yourself to write something for it.

Prompt: How does your character handle the changing of the seasons? Does the thought of jumping into a pile of leaves fill them with glee and spark pleasant childhood memories, or did they live in a Circle and discover this whole 'weather' phenomenon later in life? Write up something that captures their experience of the changing season and post it below.

Thanks everyone for a great four years. Can't wait to see what happens this year. <3

To reach an admin about items concerning Unbound, please PM the Andraste account.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
ARTEMIS COUSLAND
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 12:44 PM

I've read the update...

That's it. I've read it......

Seriously, what do you want from me?....

.....My soul? No no I don't have one of those.

......a comment?

..........are you sure?

.......Fine.

I love love love the skin! It took some time to get used to navigating especially on my mobile but all those tidbits you mentioned helps me understand the skin more. Next, I'd love to welcome Finch (back, even!), and when I get back home properly I'd love to plot with you! Also yes we must all discuss and hear Cherith plans for the pre inquisition future...past? Fupast? I don't know! Anyway, I've only been here for a year but it was an awesome year, can't wait to see where this one takes us!
^
CRIM
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 01:23 PM
mage hoarder
51 posts
23 years
Non-Combatant

I mean I'd suggest that people should totally enter the writing challenge, but that seems a bit self-serving of me. I also take suggestions for future prompts if anyone would like to submit them to my staff account here.

I'm curious to see what might be restructured about the pre-Inquisition business; it can be a bit of an adventure sometimes, when other characters your Origins-era character knows are changing hands and their stories change.

(Also listen I have been holding onto Beatrix waiting for the fallout from Adamant even though there's pretty much no one else in the Anderfels, so I don't want to drop her when we're finally so close to that plot point.)
PM
^
DELPHINE ISHTAR
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 01:26 PM
Sheep
60 posts
31 years
Mage

Hooray for updates! I have to say I really, really like the new skin a lot! It's super clean and streamlined which I'm a big fan of. Do you have any plans to make iterations of it like you did with the old skins? Not that it needs any changes because it is pretty sweet, just curious.

Also, congrats on 4 years! That is great. I've been rping since 1996(yess i'm olddd) and been a part of communities, both on the member and mod sides, that have lasted from months to a year or longer, so I completely understand the significance of 4 years. Thank you to the mods and members who help keep this place running. It is 100% the best run and most welcoming community I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of. I look forward to many more years of rp here.

I really like all the new changes and I'm looking forward to anything new on the horizon. I am sure that coming up with new and exciting things for such a long running community can be a challenge so thank you to everyone involved. I love you guys and I'm so glad to be here.

PMEmailAIM
^
BIRTHE
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 01:38 PM
birthe
25 posts
30 years
Rogue

YAY UPDATES! The new skin is so pretty, I love it, and I'm so excited for Adamant!!! Let's beat Livius up!!! All of us!!! All of the stuff you're planning sounds really great, so I'm excited to see it all come to fruition. Oh, and welcome (back) to Finch!
PM
^
VALIANT
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 02:23 PM

Oh wow I love the new skin! *thumbsup*
^
CAT
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 07:49 PM
cat
229 posts
27 years
Warrior
CAT

Am I allowed to say the forum looks A+ some more or am I sounding like a busted record? Cause like... #nice. And, say, down the line a ways, if the majority want it and Cherith is down for doing extra work, I'll cook up a few more batches of graphics for alternate schemes. But that's down the line. Right noooooow....

Pirates y'all. 's it.

I'm not going to say I'm back 100% yet, since anything can change. But over the past year or so I've really gotten my life together and am in such a good place mentally that I'm feeling pretty confident that the third time will be the charm. I've missed y'all a ton and though I may not return to my previous splendor, I'm pretty happy with what I've lined up for myself. Hoping to get around to meeting those of you I haven't (yet) as well as reconnecting with the ones I have.

AND WHAT A TIME TO COME BACK. Cherith's been passing me these ideas on the lowkey for a while now and I really like the whole... fresh start thing. Unbound is warranted this facelift and while the cosmetic aspects are muy bueno, changing the interior has been a long time coming. I'm glad so many people are seeing it in the positive light of rejuvenation that we were. Like... yeah, we all know how to ride a bike, but maybe this go round we'll learn how to pop a wheelie too. B)))

Blah blah blah, I want to add something more meaningful so I don't get in trouble but, yanno... I'm just a wet rat on the road atm.

FOR QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS, PLEASE MESSAGE THE ANDRASTE ACCOUNT.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
LELIANA
 Posted: Sep 12 2016, 12:38 AM

hi my name is zoshka and i approve of all of this.
^
SQUEE
 Posted: Sep 12 2016, 12:44 PM
OOC Account
28 posts
23 years
Warrior

You want reply?

Have reply.

Yay reply.

//spending too much time with Loot

Anyway! The new skin is interesting and my initial issues of it have been fixed and I've not really found anything to report about it yet other than half-screening the darn thing is a bit of a pain, but a pain I can live with. (I half screen when writing posts so I can reread the previous post as needed). But, like everyone, I think it's pretty and it's also slick. I do love having the left-side toolbar kind of thing where I can click the chatbox and then the tagbox.

I've been meaning to get to that writing challenge prompt. And also claim any rewards I may have (I think some of them are like two months old. Better get on that).

Also, I do have some things to archive and I'll let moderation know probably... when... I am not so busy.

PM
^
AURELIO ESCAMILLA
 Posted: Sep 12 2016, 01:00 PM
ash
26 posts
38 years
Mage

I love the new skin! It's great to have the option to toggle the sidebar as the tagbox used to overlap the main board on the old skin which my screen size.

Also, I had a pretty brutal spring clean, what with getting rid of two out of three characters but I shall see if anything else can go.

P.S Congrats on four years and to Finch!
PM
^
WILLOW
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 07:43 AM
Hez
91 posts
31 years
Rogue

Back from Turkey and come back to new things!! Welcome back to Finch, looking forward to meeting you.

The overhaul is a great idea, but I'm glad that we're going to get to play out Inquisition before/as the change-over is being made.

Happy birthday to Unbound, here's to the next four years!
PM
^
ARI
 Posted: Sep 18 2016, 09:20 PM
0 posts
years
ARI

The skin looks beautiful. And a huge congratulations to Unbound for 4 years strong! That's forever in terms of RP. You guys deserve all the accolades.
^
AYLA
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 10:40 AM
Ayla
20 posts
21 years
Warrior

The new skin is amazing! It took a little getting used to, but I adore it. It's very neat. I'm very curious to read more about the upcoming changes. :)

Congratulations all on four years and welcome Finch!

I should be getting back in the swing of things pretty soon. Apologies to everyone who I owe posts to and thank you for being so patient. I've been very busy and haven't quite been in a writing mood these days, but I'll try to throw that around asap. <3

And... Adamant? Did I see Adamant? Yes? YES?

user posted image

user posted image

-coughs- It had to be done.
PMEmail
^
NEASSA SÉVERIN
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 01:44 PM

user posted image
bet you thought i didn't notice

But I did. I just mistake 'play it cool,' with 'play dead,' sometimes but I really love what you've done here, you git choor haircut bby?

Congrats on 4 years strong, idk if I can make 4 days strong (i spend most of them flailing) and a big welcome back to Finch!

I'm looking to blow some dust off my characters in the days to come, don't take a note of that or the date of this post, let me ease in man. Let me eaaaase iiiiinnnn.
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Distant Fantasies

Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Omniverse The World of Tur Sengoku Horizon The Hobbit Roleplay Pokemon: Forever Forgotten UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED fugue state Equi-venture Ferocious 37th The Creed.online Code 8 intrepidity morethanstories Wait & Bleed Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Dead Before Daylight - Supernatural RP

"ETHER" SKIN BY ANNA EXCLUSIVELY FOR UNBOUND