Here on Unbound, our plot follows four different timelines, set throughout the canonical history of the Dragon Age. The events following Trespasser, the time of the Inquisition, the rise of the Champion of Kirkwall and the quest of the Warden against the Fifth Blight. The course of all four stories will be updated here as they progress.
The Reign of Divine Victoria
The year is 9:44 Dragon. It’s been two years since the defeat of the Elder One and the Inquisition has disbanded. The mage Vivienne is the new Divine and rules not only the Chantry, but the new Circle of Magi and Templar Order with an iron fist. Those who served the Inquisition have returned to their former lives, with the knowledge they helped stop a great evil from destroying the world. With the betrayal of Solas and his plans to sunder the Veil by any means necessary, Honor Trevelyan has sworn to stop him, disappearing from Skyhold without a word and without a trace, but works in the shadows to build a new army to fight against the looming threat...
The last hope to bring peace between the warring rebel mages and Templar Order ends in disaster. A conclave destroyed, the Divine dead, and a sole survivor emerging from the Fade. That survivor is Honor Trevelyan, who bears a mysterious mark capable of sealing the tears in the Veil, and responsible for thwarting the plans of the Elder One, Corypheus. Bent on obtaining godhood, Corypheus intends to throw Thedas into chaos and crush the budding Inquisition. With an army at her back and an ancient magister on her heels, Honor must set out to put the world to rights...
The Path of the Herald of Andraste
- 1 Guardian Divine Justinia V's conclave to negotiate peace between warring mages and templars ends in disaster. Honor Trevelyan is the only survivor of the explosion that killed all others in attendance and tore a breach in the sky.
- 4 Guardian Cassandra Pentaghast revives the Inquisition of old with the intention of investigating the apparent murder of the Divine and bringing order to a now chaotic world. Plans to seek aid from the rebel mages or templar order are discussed. With her strange mark and survival deemed a divine blessing, Honor is quickly known as the Herald of Andraste.
- 15 Guardian Travelling to the Hinterlands with Cassandra, Solas and Varric accompany Honor in her assignment to retrieve Mother Giselle from the Crossroads. They are successful and Mother Giselle returns with them to Haven.
- 7 Drakonis With the Inquisition's reputation steadily growing thanks to Honor and the efforts of her companions, Mother Giselle is able to help them seek an audience with the Grand Clerics in Val Royeaux. The meeting does not go as planned however and results in the Templar's, led by Lord Seeker Lucius, abandoning the city. Honor is later approached by Grand Enchanter Fiona and directed to Redcliffe, should the Inquisition seek to ally with rebel mages.
- 12 Bloomingtide Each day that passes the Inquisition's influence grows; agents pledge their services to help extend it's reach, while allies from across Thedas give it the legitimacy it so desperately requires. The time is drawing near when a side in the mage-templar war and Honor's gaze is slowly turning towards Therinfal Redoubt.
- 5 Harvestmere With the aid of Josephine and Leliana, the Inquisition garners enough political clout to approach the Templar Order for aid in sealing the Breach. Backed by the power of ten of Orlais' most influential noble houses, Honor and her companions travel to Therinfal Redoubt to meet with the Lord Seeker. What they encounter there however requires far more than mere diplomacy.
- 28 Harvestmere The day comes at last to seal the Breach. Their combined efforts to suppress the Breach gives Honor the time she needs to close the rift in the sky and bring the peace the people of Thedas crave. For the first time since the Divine's death there looks to be a ray of hope on the horizon.
- 30 Harvestmere: In Your Heart Shall Burn During the celebration after the Breach is sealed, Haven is attacked. In an attempt to allow the most people time to escape a quick plan is hatched to bury their attackers and the remnants of their encampment in an avalanche. Honor and a few friends meet Corypheus on the edge of the village. When their encounter is over, Honor is wounded, exhausted and confused and her escape the break in the snow that buries them all under the avalanche.
- 15 Firstfall After Honor meets up with the rest of the Inquisition forces who survived the escape from Haven and a grueling journey through the mountains, led by Solas, the Inquisition arrives at Skyhold. Under the command of the Herald and her advisers the Inquisition sets up base in the abandoned Keep, the first use it's seen in hundreds of years.
- 17 Haring A much belated Satinalia event at Skyhold.
- First Day: Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts The Inquisition is invited to Halamshiral in Orlais to celebrate First Day. The Winter Palace celebration proves eventful as Honor and her companions learn of a plot to assassinate the Empress. They must prove themselves to the gentry of Orlais while at the same time uncovering evidence.
The Champion of Kirkwall
Their home of Lothering destroyed by the advancing darkspawn, the Hawke family has fled Ferelden’s Blight with the most unusual companions, the Witch of the Wilds, Flemeth. Submitting themselves into the service of a local outfit in order to earn passage into the city-state of the Free Marches, Kirkwall, the Hawke siblings have vowed to stick together. No matter the cost. Yet with tensions between the Circle of Magi and the Templar Order in the city’s Gallows on the rise and a Qunari presence inciting racial tension, it's only a matter of time before it all comes to a head...
The Rise of the Champion
- 21 Harvestmere With Kirkwall already flooded with refugees from the Blight, the Hawke siblings must pledge their service to the elven smuggler, Athenril, in order to gain entrance to the city.
- 28 HarvestmereHaving completed their one year of service to Athenril and looking for a way to gather enough money to join Bartrand's expedition, the Hawke siblings reunite with Aveline, who has become a member of the city guard
The Fifth Blight
Deep in the Korcari Wilds, a Blight stirs. Minding by the call of an Archdemon, the Darkspawn have surfaced from the Deep Roads and begun their march on the world above. A small contingent of Grey Wardens, on the invitation of King Cailan, have returned to Ferelden to aid in the stand against them at Ostagar. Led by the Grey Warden, Duncan, they have a young, but promising, new recruit in their ranks…
The Journey of the Warden
- 26 Kingway With one hunter missing and another blighted, the Grey Warden Duncan arrives to the Sabrae clan in an hour of need. The young Dalish elf, Nolani Mahariel, is slowly dying and it's only through Duncan's intervention that her life is able to be spared. The cost — becoming a Grey Warden herself.
- 5 Harvestmere: The Battle of Ostagar Duncan and Nolani join the few Ferelden wardens in the Korcari Wilds to aid King Cailan and his army against the horde of darkspawn surging up from the Deep Roads. Their attempts to stem the tide fail as Cailan is betrayed by his general — Loghain. The army is defeated and the warden ranks are cut down to two: Nolani and the junior warden Alistair.
- 8 Harvestmere Nolani and Alistair find themselves rescued and nursed back to health by the apostate Morrigan and her mother Flemeth. With Morrigan's aid and Flemeth's guidance they set out to redeem the old Grey Warden treaties in their fight against the Blight and make their way to the village of Lothering.
- 12 Harvestmere Arriving mere days before the horde, Nolani, Morrigan and Alistair find their small group growing by two. The Chantry sister, Leliana, and Qunari prisoner, Sten, are recruited to Nolani's cause and, after a small skirmish with a group of Loghain's men, they head towards Redcliffe.
- 15 Harvestmere The situation in Redcliffe is dire as Nolani arrives to seek the aid of Arl Eamon. Beseiged by the undead coming from the Arl's castle, Nolani helps Bann Teagan and the villagers push back the monsters long enough to gain entry to the castle.
- 16 Harvestmere Once inside Arl Eamon's castle, the group finds the Eamon's son, Connor possessed by a demon and the Arl stricken with a mysterious illness. Unwilling to let the boy linger as an abomination and in need of finding a cure for the Arl, Nolani strikes Connor down herself.
- 2 Firstfall With the situation with Connor dealt with, Nolani and her companions seek out Brother Genitivi in Denerim for aid in finding the Urn of Sacred Ashes, Eamon's last hope. Upon investigation, they discovered that Genitivi's assistant has been murdered and an impostor has taken his place. With the fake-Weylon dispatched, they find evidence of Genitivi heading to the village of Haven.
- 3 Haring Upon arrival in Haven, Nolani uncovers the dragon-worshipping cult, the Diciples of Andraste, who have taken Genitivi hostage. Unwilling to poison the Urn of Sacred Ashes, Nolani and her companions clash violently with the cultists and destroy them. Leaving Genitivi to his research, they depart Haven and return to Redcliffe with a pinch of Andraste's sacred ashes.
- 15 Haring By either a miracle or the restorative power of Andraste's ashes, Eamon is healed. Troubled by what has transpired in his absence, Eamon focuses his energy on calling a Landsmeet in Denerim where Alistair can be named Cailan's successor, but urges Nolani and the others to continue building their army in the meantime.
- 18 Haring Learning of a valuable asset in the village of Honnleath, Nolani heads south to investigate the dwarven golem. Infested with darkspawn, they clear the village and aid its survivors. One villager revealing the true activation phrase for the golem and Nolani leaves with a new ally — Shale.
- 29 Haring Returning to the Brecilian Forest, Nolani encounters another Dalish tribe at war with the werewolves lurking deep in the forest's heart. At the behest of the clan's Keeper, Zathrian, Nolani sought to eradicate the werewolves' leader, Witherfang, and save his clansmen only to discover Zathrian is the cause of the werewolves' curse. However an act of revenge for the death of Zathrian's children does not move Nolani and, holding him responsible for the suffering of not only the werewolves, but his own clan, sees that he is executed and effectively brokers peace between the werewolves and the Dalish elves.
- 14 Wintermarch Traveling northward at the behest of Levi Dryden, the party seeks to investigate the old Grey Warden fortress of Soldier's Peak. When they arrive they discover that the keep is beset by ghostly apparitions of long-dead wardens reliving the final battle of their lives, lead by Sophia Dryden. Fighting their way through Soldier's Peak, Nolani slayed the demon possessing Sophia yet allowed Avernus to remain and continue his research under more ethical means. Before she leaves she takes the Power of the Blood potion Avernus offers her and assumes its power.
- 23 Wintermarch Seeking to call on the mages of the Circle of Magi, Nolani and her companions head to Kinloch Hold only to find the Tower in upheaval. The mage, Uldred, and his blood mage followers have assaulted the Circle and attempted to seize control. In response, Knight-Commander Greagior had ordered the Rite of Annulment, but allows Nolani to venture deeper into the Tower to salvage who she can, including First Enchanter Irving. Arriving at the Harrowing Chamber, Nolani defeats Uldred and his followers, but only manages to rescue Irving and Senior Enchanter Wynne.
- 5 Drakonis The final treaty leads the Warden's and their party to Orzammar, where the throne is in contest between the Lord Harrowmont and Prince Bhelen Aeducan. Seeking to resolve the contest, Nolani ventures into the Deep Roads in search of the living paragon Branka in hopes of having her voice lent in deciding a new king. When they finally find Branka, she has discovered the forgotten Anvil of the Void and seeks to use it to create new golems. Despite the opposition of Caradin, the paragon who first created the Anvil, Nolani allows Branka to take the Anvil and create new golems for their cause. Branka also forges a crown for Nolani, which she bequeaths to Bhelen Aeducan and names him the new king of Orzammar.
- 29 Drakonis With the matter of Loghain's treachery to settle and Arl Eamon's health fully restored, Nolani and Alistair attend the Landsmeet in Denerim. After gaining favor from the nobility and executing Loghain, Nolani throws her support behind Queen Anora and cements her claim to the throne of Ferelden.
- 22 Cloudreach With the treaties fulfilled and Ferelden united, Nolani and the others return to Denerim where the armies of her allies have gathered. There, the senior warden, Riordan, reveals the nature of defeating an Archdemon and how the warden's life would be forfeited should they strike the killing blow. Morrigan, however, reveals she knows of a ritual where no warden need give up their life to slay the demon. Favoring the idea of surviving the defeat of the Archdemon, Nolani supports Morrigan and the two convince Alistair to perform her dark ritual.
- 10 Bloomingtide After a battle hard fought, Nolani and her companions successfully defeat the Archdemon and send the remaining darkspawn scattered to flee back to the Deep Roads. As a reward for her hand in defeating the Blight, Queen Anora offers a reward to the newly anointed Hero of Ferelden. Her boon: the territorial sovereignty of the Dalish in the Brecillian Forest.
- 16 Solace Weeks after the Battle of Denerim, newly appointed Warden-Commander Nolani Mahariel arrives in Amaranthine to assume command of Vigil's Keep: the former home of Arl Howe, granted to the Wardens as restitution. There she discovered new problems concerning the darkspawn— namely, their ability to suddenly speak.
- 22 August Resolving the war between the intelligent darkspawn, The Architect, and the crazed broodmother, known only as The Mother, Nolani defeated both in an effort to restore order to the Arling of Amaranthine and return her focus to rebuilding the Ferelden wardens.
- 5 Cloudreach In search of a cure for the Calling, Nolani steps away from her role as Warden-Commander and bequeaths command of Vigil's Keep to Nathaniel Howe.